Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

does he need a doctor?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

Mobile Photo

I usually hate posts like this, but I had this problem a few months ago- the glands in my throat was swollen but it went down a few hours later. Mine also wasn't painful

Anyways, ds started complaining about his neck/throat hurting last night. All throughout the night, he was whining, hurting, etc.

This morning, this is what he looks like. Sorry its such a bad picture. His one side is swollen
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Should I wait a few hours, see if it goes down? Or just make him a doctors appointment? He's been sick on and off the last two weeks, temps going up to 102
LOVEZOEY
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Yea take him to the dr. he probably needs antibiotics. Mine get REALLY swollen about once a year. Load him up on Ibuprofen for the swelling and Mucinex to get that shit out of his glands.

TrouserMouse
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this
That is swollen pretty bad. It reminds me of pics when kids have the mumps. I would have him seen.
yryssa1
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:23 AM
any other symptoms? I've had my glands get swollen on my neck like that but was never sick. Never went to the Dr and nothing ever came of it. If it's making hum feel that uncomfortable, I'd take him in just to be on the safe side. hope he feels better!
yryssa1
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:24 AM
After reading this, yes make an appt.

Quoting Anonymous:

Should I wait a few hours, see if it goes down? Or just make him a doctors appointment? He's been sick on and off the last two weeks, temps going up to 102

gypsy30
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I would take him to the doctor, especially if he's in pain.  Swollen glands usually mean an infection, and that one side is really swollen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:26 AM
That's like me- it didn't hurt, I was fine... Which is why I'm not sure if he should see a doctor.

The past weekend, he had a temp of 102 and was ok and off sick throughout the week, but he hadn't had an issues/sickness since Thursday. He doesn't feel hotcurrently

Quoting yryssa1:

any other symptoms? I've had my glands get swollen on my neck like that but was never sick. Never went to the Dr and nothing ever came of it. If it's making hum feel that uncomfortable, I'd take him in just to be on the safe side. hope he feels better!
mesfilles
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:27 AM
I would take him in.
lalalamama
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Looks like mumps. Take him to the doctor but make sure you tell them he might have mumps as they'll probably book him end of day so he's not a danger to unvaccinated kids.
haileys_mommy06
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:29 AM
I'd take him in.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN