Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Being a SAHM is a JOB. Perform it as such...

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:23 AM
  • 302 Replies
7 moms liked this

I just recently became a SAHM. Prior to, I was a student and employee. I just received my B.S. in May and we're moving in October. So, DH and I made the decision that its best if i wait until we move to find employment. I have always been a hard worker. So, I approach being a Stay at home mom as my job. I work hard at it. I set goals and tasks, and I complete them in a timely manner. It's not acceptable for me to sit around when I'm at work, so I dont sit around while I'm at home as a SAHM. I say this to ask, why is it that some SAHMs act like they're on vacation?! In my opinion, if your husband is busting his ass to earn income for the family, you should work equally as hard-- whether you're working in the home or away from the home. Why is it that some SAHMs dont approach it as a job, but moreso as a break? It annoys me. Does it annoy anyone else? I feel like its those lazy SAHMs that give the rest of us hard working SAHMs a bad name! If you dont treat being a SAHM as your job-- dont expect anyone else to view it as such!

Follow me on Instagram @aaliyahsmom
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Eh.

I don't sit around either, we are a very active family.  

But I do not consider it a job.

lamorena774
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:27 AM
4 moms liked this

You dont necessarily have to consider it a job. But if your husband is working hard to contribute to the family, you should be doing our part too-- equally. Whether you go to work or stay at home.

Quoting lwalker270:

Eh.

I don't sit around either, we are a very active family.  

But I do not consider it a job.

Follow me on Instagram @aaliyahsmom
Aislinn
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:29 AM
14 moms liked this

I have a question... Why do you care? I have way to much crap trying to store itself in my brain to give a crap what a SAHM is doing with her time. lol

jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Not everyone has the same financial situation....and some women get away with doing nothing because they can. If a man is willing to pay for.a.trophy wife...why not? I am a SAHM but I pay all the bills with my inherited income. My dh works a jack off job thanks to.me footing the bills. Everyone makes arrangements based on what's best for their own family.
TugBoatMama
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:31 AM
4 moms liked this

My dh thinks being a sahm is the harder job. There are plenty of women that do consider it thier job, and there are still plenty of women here that will beg to tell them its still not a real job anyway. Can't win here.

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:31 AM
10 moms liked this
I don't know how many kids you have or how old they are.....but when both of my young kids go down for a nap, I sit my butt down and rest for a bit:) there's nothing wrong at all with a little me time during the day. Helps me from getting burned out.
lilymomof5
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:31 AM

you would love my husband. he tells me day in and day out what you just said.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:32 AM
2 moms liked this

I look at it the same way you do. That's why I get so offended when other women call my position in my house lazy. Its not lazy I work hard to maintain perfection around this place. All for a little love.

Photo: -Randi.

smalltowngal
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

DH and I kind of had a deal. I worked a lot harder when they were infants, espcially where I was nursing. Then I would get a bit of a break when they first started going to school. In 3 years, he should cut his hours back to 32 and he already works from home so we'll be about equal then. I actually talked about gettin a job at the local CSA in exchange for free vegetables and but my husband insists I take the first year off that both kids are in school full-time.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:33 AM
3 moms liked this

Some sit around becuase SAHM are just like every other segement of society you have those that work hard and you have lazy asses.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)