Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O of the potty training post.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

My dd is like 2 1/2, she loves her potty. If she's wearing a dress any nothing else she will go on it all day everyday, but as soon as I put bottoms on her she just goes in there. I've tried taking her every 20 minutes, I've tried asking her I've tried rewards... I have no idea to get her to understand that undies aren't diapers...

is she not ready? Or am I doing something wrong? We even stayed home for an entire week with no pants so, she will sleep through the night and not go potty if she's naked and run straight to her chair when she gets up. But again, as soon as the pants went on, she pees... Wtf? Help me!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Sounds like she isn't ready because she isn't able to tell the difference between bottoms and diapers.

I think you've given her all the tools and now you can step back and she will do it when she is ready. No pressure on either or you, stress free!!

JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:03 AM
My DS is almost 3 and we haven't even tried yet, so take my advice with a grain of salt... But I would keep her panty-free and while or try different types of underwear. Perhaps she is confused by them (ie thinking they are like diapers). It seems like her bladder is physically ready which is a great start. I would just keep it up and stay pant free a while longer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Just keep working with her. My ds is 14 months and we are working with the potty now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:06 AM

It was awesome, I bought the potty and I pushed her to use it, she didn't want to so I said "That's fine, we'll try again later" I tried just a few more times and she still didn't want to, so I put it up. She came to me one day and asked where her potty was, so I got it out for her and she went potty, ever since then she's gone potty on it, if she's naked. I guess she did her part and I've just gotta keep softly pushing her lol. 

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Sounds like she isn't ready because she isn't able to tell the difference between bottoms and diapers.

I think you've given her all the tools and now you can step back and she will do it when she is ready. No pressure on either or you, stress free!!

cupcake_mom
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:08 AM
When she goes in her panties sites she come tell you she is wet?
cupcake_mom
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Yay another mom who starts early!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck

Quoting Anonymous:

Just keep working with her. My ds is 14 months and we are working with the potty now.
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this
This is what I did. I let my daughter pick out her favorite undies. Elmo. I would tell her....Elmo likes to stay dry! Can you help keep Elmo dry by going to the potty instead of peeing on him? It worked! If she did pee in them, I would say, oh no!! Elmo got wet! He's a little sad now, lets try again! It worked for us. Just an idea.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Thank you. My dd was trained by the time she was 14 months but girls are easier. But ds is doing good. I figured it was time when he started taking his diapers off to use the bathroom

Quoting cupcake_mom:

Yay another mom who starts early!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Sometimes, sometimes she will just go about her day like no big deal.

Quoting cupcake_mom:

When she goes in her panties sites she come tell you she is wet?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Thank you! That is a good idea. I picked out just plain white undies... I didn't know if she was actually ready.

Quoting iamcafemom83:

This is what I did. I let my daughter pick out her favorite undies. Elmo. I would tell her....Elmo likes to stay dry! Can you help keep Elmo dry by going to the potty instead of peeing on him? It worked! If she did pee in them, I would say, oh no!! Elmo got wet! He's a little sad now, lets try again! It worked for us. Just an idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)