Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anybody watch Motel kids last night on CNN?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

It was so sad..   Most of the ppl on the show looked like they could be neighbors, a lot of families due to the economy live in these hotels..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRHjDwn6lMc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HznOyrzJMN0

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:09 AM

BUMP!

Closet_Case
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:11 AM
I have a friend living in a hotel with her shit boyfriend, luckily her kids are with her mother so they have a decent childhood. I dont think I'd be able to do that with my kids, id at least ask my parents to take them until I get stable
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:17 AM

About 20 years ago, my older sister lived in motels and shelter with her 3kids, it was a sad situation, glad she got out of that life..     but that show was heartbreaking, I cried because a little girl had a bad stomachache and the Mom could not pick her up from school because she had no gas money

Quoting Closet_Case:

I have a friend living in a hotel with her shit boyfriend, luckily her kids are with her mother so they have a decent childhood. I dont think I'd be able to do that with my kids, id at least ask my parents to take them until I get stable

Ilovepink1227
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Dang I missed it
Closet_Case
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Its terrible when families get to that point. I feel for the children though, having to go through all that and miss out on so much because of a shit economy

Quoting Anonymous:

About 20 years ago, my older sister lived in motels and shelter with her 3kids, it was a sad situation, glad she got out of that life..     but that show was heartbreaking, I cried because a little girl had a bad stomachache and the Mom could not pick her up from school because she had no gas money

Quoting Closet_Case:

ACDC_fan
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:23 AM

A few times growing up, my father told us we had to live in a hotel in between houses. hey, we had a roof over our heads- it wasn't as bad as some cases.
 And minimum wage isn't going up yet. THIS is one of many reasons why it needs to. When some people work OVER 40 hours a week and still can't keep 50 cents in their pocket, something's wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:23 AM

my heart goes out to the kids, the sad part this motel was a walking distance to Disney in California

Quoting Closet_Case:

Its terrible when families get to that point. I feel for the children though, having to go through all that and miss out on so much because of a shit economy

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Closet_Case:

Meglet1970
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:23 AM

My family lived in a hotel for about 2 months.  My father had just completed his 20+ years in the Marine Corps and my mother had just had gallbladder surgery.  That was back in the days before laproscopic surgery.  She was not even allowed to sweep a floor.  Since we were between houses, my father though that being in a hotel would be easier on her due to the housekeeping staff.  It worked for us.  On the weekends, we would travel to my mom's sisters so that we could run around and get rid of excess energy.

do11face
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I saw it a few years ago. It's very heartbreaking.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:25 AM

one lady on the show said she was making $14 an hour, she said after they took out taxes/insurance, it was not enough to cover basic expenses,,, she had 5 kids and her hubby just lost his job from Target

Quoting ACDC_fan:

A few times growing up, my father told us we had to live in a hotel in between houses. hey, we had a roof over our heads- it wasn't as bad as some cases.
 And minimum wage isn't going up yet. THIS is one of many reasons why it needs to. When some people work OVER 40 hours a week and still can't keep 50 cents in their pocket, something's wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)