Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spanked and sent to time out for saying penis

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 93 Replies
That's what happened to my three year old the other day. My sister was babysitting at my house and had her three year old ds with her and my three year ds, 7 year dd and 10 year old dd were here. I teach my kids the proper names for their body parts and she knows that but she doesn't like it when my kids say the names of their privates around her kids. My older kids understand that they should refrain from talking about it around their younger cousins but ds is only three and I don't want to confuse him.

Anyway, the two three year old boys were getting into the pool outback and my ds said something about his penis getting cold or something. My sister spanked his butt and then told him to sit in timeout for three minutes for talking nasty. My 10 year old told her that he wasn't being nasty and that he's allowed to call it a penis but my sister made him sit anyway. I didn't know this had happened and when I came home I asked if everyone had been good and ds said no. Aunt spanked because I'm nasty. I asked my oldest what he meant and she told me what happened.

I'm pissed out. First, nobody but me and dh spank out kids. Even then it's extremely rare and only for dangerous situations. She knows. She has told me to spank her kids and I've told her that I would never spank anyone else's kids and wouldn't want anyone spanking mine. Second, she knows I teach them the proper names. We grew up being unable to refer to put parts. I mean, there were nick names for them but only if medically necessary could we even refer to them using the nick names. We couldn't even say the work period or pads/tampons. I refuse to bring my kids up being ashamed of their bodies. We've talked about it a hundred times. I know she feels differently (not as extreme as our parents) but this is my house and I think my rules apply here. He absolutely shouldn't have been punished for something I taught him.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Am I wrong here?
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:11 AM
2 moms liked this

that would be the last time she watched my kid

BeAmour
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Last time she'd watch my kiddos
LilliesValley
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

She shouldn't be around your kids any more without you there since she clearly can't follow your wishes.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

that would be the last time she watched my kid

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Lizardannie1966
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:14 AM
2 moms liked this

Her prissy butt would never have the opportunity to ever watch my children until she could pull the stick pin out of her behind.

myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:14 AM
No, you're right. It makes about as much sense as spanking them for saying "arm" or "toe".
soon2bmomof2grs
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I do not think you were in the wrong.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

No way in hell will anyone spank my kids.  That would be the last time she watched them.

Would she rather him say "my cock is cold"?

leahsmom0201
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:16 AM
I kind of think that was a risk you took when you allowed her to babysit. I mean knowing her parenting was so different. That said (and im not trying to bash you) I think she should have respected your home and rules and mentioned that happened to you directly instead of you finding out from your dd. That just shows she knew you would be upset :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)