Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Being friends with exes. Is it possible?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

I think that most of the time it is not possible - especially if you were really hurt and mistreated by them or just fought all the time before you broke up.  It really depends on why you broke up I guess.  Or maybe it is possible, but not until long after you broke up, as in years later when all of the painful feelings and emotions have calmed down!!  Are you friends with any of your exes (husbands and/or boyfriends)?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzy_ellie
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:28 AM
2 moms liked this

NO! Period. Unless their are no feelings on BOTH sides. I did that and it turned into a giant mess.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm friends with most of my ex boyfriends. They were high school boyfriends so that may be why.
MommyTo2Boyz
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I am friends with my ex. It took us 5 years of not talking to get to that point.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

with maturity and closure of the previous sexual relationship, absolutely yes.

momof2gingers
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm friends with my ex husband. It took five years to forgive him, but I have
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

just because hes my sons father.if it wasnt for that..then no..

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I am not friends with my ex husband. I tried to talk in a civil manner once to him but all I got back was how badly he feels for making the horrible mistake he made. pfft.

Closet_Case
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Im friends with my ex and Sir hates him, but he respects that I need human contact outside of our relationship as long as it stays in the platonic stage
lnrmom
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I am friends with an ex or two. Not my ex-husband. We can't even speak and haven't been in the same room since our divorce was finalized. After everything he put me through? No way Jose.

My most recent ex? We ended on good terms. I'm hoping we can remain friends. Time will tell.

GOBryan
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Most people can't get past something after a relationship is over. I get along well with my ex. Not that we're friends but we're friendly and text or call when there's something to discuss like our adult daughter or he needs advice with his mortgage, etc. He's moved on and I moved on but we had a simple divorce. I decided to get out of the marriage so I left him with the house and all the furniture. Took a few items, our daughter and my personal items. That was it. That was 12 years ago. 

I have a friend that happens to be platonic friends with her ex. When he visits from Colombia, he'll even stay with her. They have 2 adult daughters together. She normally introduces her ex to people as her brother. lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)