Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

summer vacation a bust!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
Our summer vacation is not going as planned. Dh's daughter came to stay with us over the weekend. Crazy because we were so busy shopping for fathers day, cleaning the house, I had a bridal shower Saturday night and my 7 year old son ended up in the er last night because he had fallen off his bike friday and scraped his knee. We had been washing it with soap and water along with neosporine. It was very swollen, dark red all over and hot to the touch. My son could barely walk on it. The said it was infected badly. They drained it, gave him meds and sent him home on bed rest. This morning dh had to be at work at 7am and my 6 year old had to be at school at 8:30am. It's raining out so we couldn't walk. Topper is we have to be moved out of our place in 2 eeeks and we won't be closing on our house until August 1st.We will be moving in with my parents. Not the summer I planned. Is your summer going the way you planned?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
emmypaige
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:53 AM
I hope your son is feeling better soon. We have a ton of stuff going on right now too... It always comes all at once, and then seems calm for a while. We are moving across country again in a few weeks, and for some reason we always get stuck having to move during the busy season which I hate, oh well! lol Good luck.
lacyd75
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:55 AM

No not really. Just trying to make the best of it though. What else can I do? Some summer just seem to go like that. Last summer was GREAT! So I should've seen it coming that this summer would fall short.

L202M
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:58 AM

So far, yes.  I'm planning nothing and it's going according to schedule.

TableforSeven
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:02 AM

We are moving sometime this summer as well.  We haven't found a place to move to.....yet - we're working on it though.  My cautery finish school this week, my sons are done on June 30, and my class doesn't end until July 4.  

My 40th birthday is July 19....we will probably be moving the following week (if things go as planned) -- so I get to spend my summer (and birthday) packing and unpacking....oh joy!  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)