Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Inside I'm a bubbling mess ....terrified only covers the surface ***UPDATE***

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:58 AM
  • 76 Replies

Mobile Photo

My may baby Emmett! So handsome, so full of love. Healthy happy and growing in leaps and bounds. He has so many words, already wearing undies all day! Only in a pull up for bedtime.

He had an MRI on Monday because he has a missing testy. Well they never found it. So he is officially a one ball wonder lmao! His step dad says he'll be mackin using it as a pick up line when he's older lmfao he was just trying to get me to smile. They told me it would be at least 2 days for his pedi to get the results.

Less the 24 hrs later his pedi called and said it was urgent. That I needed to come to the office with Emmett and someone else to watch him in the lobby. My first panic attack! Every question in the book running through my head.

We get there she takes me back in the room and shows me the results from his MRI on a piece of paper. His spleen and all the lymph nodes in his groin are swollen. Tells me that she already sent in a referral to an Oncologist and needs me to take him over right away from some blood work.

She proceeds to tell me that she will be bugging insurance until they approve the referral. And if for some reason they can't get him in Right away she will just be admitting him so she could have all the testing run??!!! Panic attack #2

So now here I am, I have absolutely no answers, a child who from looks would think its perfect, an a doctor who seems to think there is something extremely urgent to handle with my baby.

We went to see the oncologist (cancer doc ) Friday he asked a bunch of simple questions and then asked me to have him back to the office Monday morning (today) at 930am to do a double bone marrow pull to test for lymphoma or leukemia

I'm terrified!

******************************Update************************

The preliminary results..... 

So they are going to continue to run a few different test on the bone marrow that was pulled but what was found out from first glance is there's nothing to say he has leukemia ..... So that's one check off the majors list.... I guess that's a good thing.... He did say that there are some signs showing more evidence of lymphoma ....  so that's the not good. They are g
oing to schedule him for a PETA scan ASAP to look for tumors. Along with the extended testing on the marrow hopefully we will have more answers soon .... 

That's again it for now ..... 
Will post a pic of his back a lil later when I change the dressings before bed. 

Thank you to everybody for your well wishes 

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:00 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't know what to say here..  I cannot imagine.. But I will now be thinking about your baby..

*hugs*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Saying prayers for y'all.

Amy_M
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh I'm so sorry!  .  I will keep you in my thoughts.

FishPhood
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:02 AM
I'm sorry honey :(
Thoughts and prayers for your little man <3
Sacha102
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I am so sorry, I cannot even imagine the terror your are going through! Good luck and hope all turns out OK. 

momma2b2008
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Hopefully it's nothing.

I will be praying for you and your son.

Hugs mama!
tarakay0417
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I am so sorry. *hugs* I will be praying that all the tests come back normal. I will keep you and your precious baby boy in my prayers.
NewInChrist
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Y'all are in my prayers!!!!!
DeathGoddess
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Bump for updates...good luck!!!
boysrjoys2
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Long distant hugs and prayers. I couldn't imagine.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)