Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Walmart BLOWS!

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:59 AM
  • 30 Replies

I know LOTS of Moms say they get such good deals with their Price Matching, but I just don't see it. There are products at our local WalMart that simply aren't that cheap.  Their Great Value yogurt is the same price as Yoplait (which is higher than Kroger by the way).  Why on earth would I buy Walmart brand when the national brand is the same price?  Not smart thinking MBAs.

Not to mention they have started with that Sam's Club crap of checking my receipt on the way out.  Really? At WalMart?  My items are BAGGED you idiots.

**Yes ladies, I am aware Sam's and WalMart are owned by the same company.

Rant over. Thanks for listening.

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmypaige
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't go to walmart. I don't personally see any advantage to shopping there when there are plenty of better choices close by.
j3st3r
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I shop primarily at Kroger, but do spend less on food at Wal-Mart when I go.  As long as I've been a member (like 4 years), Sam's has always checked receipts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:04 AM

That sam's club crap?  They are own by the same company.

Naiia
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:04 AM
There are very few things I fond cheaper than other places but other than that yhey are freaking expensive and not great quality more than half the time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:05 AM

every walmart is different. our local walmart is awesome. they have great prices that are actually lower then other stores and a great selection. we do a majority of our shopping there. and ours does not check receipts at the door. half the time there is not even a door greeter. if there is one, they never pay attention to people walking out. just to the people walking in.

TALuke
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

That sam's club crap?  They are own by the same company.

I am aware of that.  Walmart has never checked my receipt before though.

JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Walmart's Great Value hamburgers are AWESOME!!! They are bigger, taste better and higher quality than the name brand. Not sure how they are priced... But they are better tasting!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Walmart's Great Value hamburgers are AWESOME!!! They are bigger, taste better and higher quality than the name brand. Not sure how they are priced... But they are better tasting!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aislinn
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I had the most effed up, whacked out experience at Walmart last week. I swear, everyone in there was three tools short of a tool shed. I am going to go to Target for awhile. lol

KMadsen
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I avoid walmart as much as I can.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)