Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Baby boy nursery ideas, PLEASE!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We're having our baby shower in less than two weeks but we having even decided on what we're doing the nursery in yet!
Ds 1 has cars, they aren't sharing a room so we don't want to do cars in ds 2 room, too.
I wanted monster truck but can't find anything that's less than $200. Then I thought monsters Inc but again, I can't find anything. So I thought veggie tales... you guessed it, can't find anything!!
I'm stuck!! We're going to register at target abd babies r us.
Help?
*I like elephants so I've thought about blue abd Brown with elephants buuuuuut I really want something we won't have to change as a toddler. Ds 1 started with toddler bedding and still has it.

We decided on blue abd Brown with elephants :) .
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Replies (41-50):
xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Jungle
Dinosaurs
Dr Seuss
Sea/ boats/ notical
Forest
Farm
miss_AP
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:19 PM

What about primary brights and ABCs? you can easily modify that all way up to school aged. What about general monsters/aliens? My nephew has monsters and its super cute, they did plain bright colors and then bought some super cute monster wall decals, put some stuffed monsters on shelves around the room, and bought some monster fabric to make monster pillow cases. Not sure what the difference is between monsters and aliens....in toddler-world they seem the same.

Jungle animals is cute too. You can incorporate elephants....and giraffes, and tigers, and lions, and monkeys......just monkeys are cute too. 

Horses/cowboy stuff? Super cheap and easy to decorate with old boots found at the thrift store (you can make them into lamps, book ends, everything)

Dinosaurs? Dinos are awesome, I love dinos.

Planes? You can get tons of plane decals and fabric and stencils, and planes they could grow into too. Plus there will be stuff from the movie "Planes" that is coming out soon......

Rain2Rinse
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:21 PM
We just stuck with colors, mostly. His room is grey, white, and yellow. The bedding does have small white birds on it, so my neighbor put a vinyl tree decal on the wall that has white branches with yellow and grey leaves. The nursery isn't finished, but I am liking it so far.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tallmomma
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:27 PM
We did 'animals' as a theme for my DS's nursery that has since morphed to trucks trains and Legos (he still loves the animals though and wants to keep ALL of them).
It was easier to find things to put in his room once you drop the name items - just 'monsters' will be better than 'monsters inc' - 'vegetables' will be better than veggie tales etc. as you won't get an idea that you can't deliver on for lack of finding the branded character.
That way you can think about colors and furniture independent to the other decor. :)
amberleh
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:28 PM

We're doing monkeys and a jungle theme.

HisUsmcWifey
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I LOVE these from Pottery Barn!

DragonInfinity
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:32 PM

We did my son's room in tractors (dh is a case fan and im a john deere fan). I thought about doing his room in looney tunes, the blue brown theme (those colors can change to so many themes), and a space theme. Hopefully that helps, good luck! and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Only once we surrender to the Mystery can it reveal itself to us!!!

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:58 PM

If my baby is a boy, I'm thinking baby Mickey or this cute little zoo animals set I saw. Or maybe Precious moments. Our other three kids are girls so I'm excited about the possibility of having a boy and getting to do something non-girly. My stepdaughter had kittens and puppies when she was a baby. My five year old had pink flowers and butterflies, and my youngest had Disney Princesses.

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
PookiePanda
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Pinterest.com

KayLundy3
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Mobile Photo

When I thought I was having a boy I wanted to do classic Winnie the Pooh for his nursery.
Sorry I can't make the photo bigger.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)