Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

dh wants the house in his name only?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 197 Replies
We are going to buy a house in Texas. We are in our early 20's and don't really have credit, but he has friends that have great credit and want to help him out with getting loans.

BUT! They will only help if it is not in my name, because they don't want to risk me taking the house if we divorce, or taking the house and not paying it. So they want it in his name only.

They are going to borrow $50,000 for him because we are going to get a fix up because he can do it himself.

What do you think? We have two kids and don't plan on divorcing, and I don't "need" the house if we divorce, but I feel a but insulted.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:45 AM
8 moms liked this
You'll get half the house even if it isn't in your name. Youre married so it won't matter.
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:45 AM
6 moms liked this

If Texas is a community property state half is yours anyways even if your name is on it.  

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:46 AM
2 moms liked this
If he does it I would divorce him
CjEmmemommy
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I don't think its a big deal... I assumed I wasnt on our house bc I dont work but I am. Didnt bother me though

quinnsmom715
by Donna on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:49 AM
4 moms liked this

do they know something you dont,like hubby fooling around or planning a divorce soon?

liss.n.chris
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Damn that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:51 AM
32 moms liked this

I think you shouldn't buy a house until you can do it as a couple or him alone at the least.  You don't want friends having a stake in your home, PERIOD.

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:51 AM
4 moms liked this

No. Fuck that. I'd rather rent. But honestly, I think that you could end up getting the house in a divorce anyway, because isn't all property 50/50 when you get married? I could be wrong on that.

Tracylynn100
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Check state laws, in the state I am in my name is not on the loan but is on the deed, has to be that way here

BellaByrdie
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

It doesn't matter whose name it is in.  Texas is a community property state.   You will get half of everything in case of divorce and so will he. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN