Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Summer and TV time

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

How do you balance the Tv time?

When DD was in school, she wasn't allowed to watch TV or play video games on school days. She only had three or so hours between being home and going to bed, so I wanted to use those hours being productive and spending time with her.

Now that school is out, I'm not sure what to do about the TV. It's turned off right now for lunch. I'll probably kick her outside to play. Lol.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Mine used to watch after breakfast while I got kitchen cleaned and got ready for the day (1/2 hour show). Then sometimes while I made dinner. My kids werent big tv watchers.

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:52 AM
I don't really have limits. We go with what ever feels right.
SterlingHeart
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:54 AM

tv in my house is always on --- my kids don't ever sit and watch excusively it is like a back ground deal -- unless it is a new show or movie 

my kids never sit still lol 

lilpep100
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:55 AM
They never watch tv during school year.
We are at swim practice from 7am - 11, So after that they like to veg out and watch movies. I'm fine with that. They might ride bikes in the evening, but it's too hot here during the day to play outside all day.
boysrjoys2
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:55 AM
They get to watch for an hour on Thursdays and an hour on Saturdays. That way mommy can rest some in the recliner after working all night. :)
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:55 AM

DS goes to child care during the summer because we both work, so it isn't an issue here

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:55 AM
We have a no electronics till 5 rule that we implement year round.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Neither does DD. Lol.

I think that we're ready for school to get back in session. She's been out of school since Friday and she's just :/. Really grouchy. So is DH.

and I am grouchy cause my entire routine is disrupted. Lol.

Quoting SterlingHeart:

tv in my house is always on --- my kids don't ever sit and watch excusively it is like a back ground deal -- unless it is a new show or movie 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:58 AM

She -hates- the TV rule, until her teacher (beloved, I might add) told her that she had the same rule as a child and through her teens.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Mine used to watch after breakfast while I got kitchen cleaned and got ready for the day (1/2 hour show). Then sometimes while I made dinner. My kids werent big tv watchers.

SterlingHeart
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:58 AM

being that i work and my kids are older and no longer need a baby sitter they do as they wish for summer --- i am very lax cause they have yet to give me reason not to be

i start them back 2 weeks before school on the sleep schedule (or at least try) LOL 

Quoting Anonymous:

Neither does DD. Lol.

I think that we're ready for school to get back in session. She's been out of school since Friday and she's just :/. Really grouchy. So is DH.

and I am grouchy cause my entire routine is disrupted. Lol.

Quoting SterlingHeart:

SterlingHeart

"these ramblings courtesy of a mom over 40"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured