Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

different parenting style.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

you eat what I make. (yes I will take in to consideration what others like) but I will make one meal. you eat it or you can wait until the next meal to eat, because you must not be that hungry than. (you must try one bite of everything on your plate before you say you dont like it.) again if you dont eat it. you can wait until the next meal. to eat what is made. i am not making a bunch of different meals, we are not in a restaurant.

I believe in taking things away (especially during teenage years) if you misbehave.

during teen yrs... if you sneak out, you can sleep outside.

I will use a little Ivory soap for a sailor mouth.

if you dont get out of bed when you are told you will lose your bedding. until next morning... 

just some of the things I do. I dont have to do them often because my kids rarely misbehave

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Glad I am not your kid!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:00 PM
I agree with all but the sleeping outside. Not because it's too harsh but just because I think it would lead to more misbehavior trying to find a place to sleep. My kids eat or do without until next meal. It's amazing what they've decided to like since implementing that rule.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:04 PM

The sleeping outside thing seems a little counter productive and if done during extreme  weather a little abusive.  I also don't agree with the soap because some can have an allergic reaction  and their throats could swell,  I use a little squirt of vinegar and it works just as well!

PaganKitty67
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Why? other than taking away bedding(my kids get up), sleeping outside(they are little) and soap in mouth(disagree with this method, I just teach them they are bad words and they don't say them) those are the same rules we have.

Quoting Anonymous:

Glad I am not your kid!

boysrjoys2
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:08 PM
I agree with all but sleeping outside I'd be worried about which of their friends they'd end up staying with. When they are older if they ever prove untrustworthy they will lose the doors off their room. When they didn't clean their room I stripped it of everything but furniture for 2 weeks (not long because they're only 2 & 4) no toys, books etc (they got very creative).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Sounds like none if it applies to you and your kids except eating what is made and not making different meals.

Quoting PaganKitty67:

Why? other than taking away bedding(my kids get up), sleeping outside(they are little) and soap in mouth(disagree with this method, I just teach them they are bad words and they don't say them) those are the same rules we have.

Quoting Anonymous:

Glad I am not your kid!

PaganKitty67
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:06 PM

None of it would be none of it. Half of it applies to us. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like none if it applies to you and your kids except eating what is made and not making different meals.

Quoting PaganKitty67:

Quoting Anonymous:

Glad I am not your kid!

kagegirl
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:08 PM
I am the same basic way. Except the bedding. I find that frozen metal ball bearings work beautifully
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:56 PM
4 things listed..one applies to you. Not half, 25% applies.

Quoting PaganKitty67:

None of it would be none of it. Half of it applies to us. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PaganKitty67:

Quoting Anonymous:

Glad I am not your kid!

LectioDivina
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:07 PM

My children have to know three languages by the time they are 7, I don't allow tantrums in public or rudeness at a restaurant, they had to know how to read before kindergarten and add and subtract along with knowing simple fractions. I spank. They are allowed a sip of adult drinks If they ask, they were allowed bottles and sippy cups until they were 3, they learned manners before they knew how to go to the bathroom, they are allowed to wear whatever they want wherever they want...I have dozens of things people tell me I'm going to destroy my children with ...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)