Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Um, I think that's sort of rude."

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:11 PM
  • 48 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm going over to visit my family soon. On July 3rd it's going to be my grandmother's birthday, we're having a barbecue for her birthday, and the 4th of July at my brother and SIL's house. My daughter is just going to be a month old on the 25th. The average temperature is 100-105. I don't want her out in it, so I called my SIL yesterday explaining, and she completely understood, and said she could use some help cooking desserts, I offered to help, she gladly agreed, so we could stay in and cook, and watch my daughter. I got a text from my sister last night, "Um, I honestly think what you're doing is sort of rude. With the barbecue and all." I asked "How?" She said "Well, you're basically offering to take over. Why can't you use sunscreen, it's not like it's REALLY going to hurt her. It's not your party to take over. People may want to see the baby, and talk to you." Um? They can come inside...am I asking for too much? Am I being a bitch? :/

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
danijean
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:12 PM
2 moms liked this
Heck no your going to have a newborn who doesn't need to be outside in that heat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaylorBaby
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:13 PM

nope

Closet_Case
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Your sister's just looking for shit. I think you're doing just fine wanting to keep your baby safe in A/C
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:13 PM
You are being a good mommy!
catrig
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
You're sister is an idiot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FrancineSmith
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:15 PM

This.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:15 PM
No your not rude. I wouldn't have a new born out in that heat. Hell to be honest I wouldn't have a new born around a bunch of people either. That is just me.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

You cannot use sunscreen on a 4 week old baby. The best thing to do is keep her inside. Your sister is a complete ass.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I wouldn't have my kids out in that heat and they are 7 & 8 years old. I wouldn't want to be out in that heat. Why have a BBQ in that kind of weather? I have a feeling that most everyone is going to be inside eventually just to escape the heat.

Smokeswifey
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Yep, this.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)