Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just got verbally attacked in front of my son :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 227 Replies

I had to take my son to his 1 year wellness checkup and was running a little late...not usual for me. So I pulled in the parking lot and drove around 2 times....NO PARKING SPOTS. There was one handicap parking place and I do have a handicap tag because I cart my 87 year old grandmother to the doctor all the time. Well I decided to go ahead and park because there was nothing else available. When me appointment was over I was putting DS in his car seat and this lady in a wheelchair was coming outside. She rolls over to my car and started screaming at me because apparently she thought I was wrong to park there. Keep in mind that she did have a parking spot...I did not put her out of parking in a handicap spot. She proceeded to call me fat and said I was lazy and I was what was wrong with society...people who feel entitled...she even called me a bitch. I was so embarrassed and I started shaking...she really made me want to cry. I couldn't even pull out because she was still screaming at me from behind my car. I put the car in reverse and backed out a little bit and she eventually moved. It really scared me and my son :( why do people have to be so ugly??? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:47 PM

BUMP!

HeyEinstein
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Well are you suppose to use it when not carting your grandma around?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:47 PM

BUMP!

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:47 PM
7 moms liked this

Your 87 year old grandmother wasn't with you.  You shouldn't have parked there.  I find it hard to believe that there was NO other place to park.  

HappyMorgana
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:48 PM
9 moms liked this

You should NEVER take advantage of your parking card if your grandma is not with you! Now that being said, the lady should not have called you names in front of a small child, however you never should have parked in that spot. That was just wrong and you know it. Both of you behaved like idiots.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Quoting HeyEinstein:

Well are you suppose to use it when not carting your grandma around?

No but in really had no other option

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:48 PM
I'm sorry but you WERE wrong to park in the handicap spot. Just because she did have a spot doesn't mean someone else didn't come that needed it. Just because you have a handicap tag for your grandmother doesn't make it ok to use it whenever you want for your convenience.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Really there was nothing...the place was packed

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Your 87 year old grandmother wasn't with you.  You shouldn't have parked there.  I find it hard to believe that there was NO other place to park.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Oh my!! What a miserable witch!! Sorry you had to go through that. : ( I hope your day gets better!!
Pushthruthepain
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:49 PM
4 moms liked this
Well it was wrong to park there she had no right to scream at you.I have a handicap license plate but look completely normal so she shouldn't of assumed it wasn't yours, but again shame on you for parking there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)