Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I didn't realize people judged for this. I'm amused : )

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:57 PM
  • 86 Replies
4 moms liked this

For having a *clean* house???? My MIL said my house is too clean. Too clean. I wasn't complete unaware that was even possible. I do keep it clean and organized. I can't function in clutter. Anyway, here were her complaints....

1. I keep anything with glue, ink, paint, crayons, pencils, pens, etc.... put away where they kids can't get to them. They play with that stuff under my supervision so I can be sure it stays on the paper, birdhouse, or whatever their art project is. She says that I'm missing out on the joy of children if there's not crayon on the walls and such.

2. All the kids toys are in their room or in the toy basket in the bonus room rather than all over the house. When you first walk in, you are in our main living area and there are no toys or anything. She says people should be able to tell when they walk in that there are children here. I say they can tell there are children because they will see the actual children running around.

3. Everything is "contained" and "inconvenient to get to" referring to everything being in a closet, drawer, container, etc...rather than just sitting out on a surface. All my surfaces are clear apart from a few candles and a couple orchid plants. I have one set of shelves with a few books and a couple of decorative storage boxes with things in them. But, no, we don't have all the girls' hairbows scattered across the vanity and we don't have snacks just scattered across the kitchen counter...they are in the pantry. Sorry you have to open something to obtain what you're looking for.

Interesting. I'm not going to change anything. But interesting.

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

she just wanted to be picky.

your home sounds lovely and we have similar housekeeping practices :)

cheers!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Pics
TattedReader
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't care either way but I do feel like not letting them get messy takes away from the joys of childhood a little. My house is clean but they are allowed to have toys out in the house, it just gets cleaned up at night before bed. I don't keep paint within their reach but crayons I do. They actually have a small section of wall in their room they are allowed to color on. It's just paint and they know the boundaries and stick to it. As for the rest, it just sounds like your house is kinda sterile and not like a home..I don't like clutter, but I don't like a home to feel like a hotel either
garnet83
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

She likes a more "whatever" approach. If that works in her home, that's fine. But we are busy and have 2 small kids. We have to be organized to keep from being crazy.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

cheers!

garnet83
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:02 PM

At work right now. I can do an edit with pics later.

Quoting Anonymous:

Pics

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:03 PM

why would I work in chaos and ruin when my kids are shining examples of that ALREADY?

I need SOMETHING on my team!
Being able to find stuff when I need it is CRUCIAL. 

Quoting garnet83:

She likes a more "whatever" approach. If that works in her home, that's fine. But we are busy and have 2 small kids. We have to be organized to keep from being crazy.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

cheers!

photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-7782-1364935841-8_zpsec7912b5.gif
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Come clean here! I LOVE clean counters!

Famousglm714
by Gina on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this
My house is the same and people have made comments. People think you're mean if you don't have toys all over the place. :-/
lasombrs
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:05 PM
My house isn't super clean and I still do one and two lol! My surfaces have stuff though computer desk and kitchen island always have junk piled up mail school work etc
Perfect.Pixie
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Is her house messy?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN