Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i am cutting out the soda

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:57 PM
  • 73 Replies
I am cutting out the soda as of today. I went and got 48 bottles of waster and some packages of crystal light (walmart version) lemonade, pink lemonade, strawberry and strawberry kiwi. Still not the best but better than soda....cutting soda is soooo much harder than stoping cigarettes lol but if i stoped smoking i can quit this.
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kayandjsmom
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I gave it up last week and I'm on day 7. The first few days were rough. Good luck!

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:00 PM
3 moms liked this

I am such an addiction-addled bitch.

Cigarettes and caffeine.

And weed.

HELP ME GUYS. I'M A FUCKING WRECK.

Coconutty4Hubby
by Cafe Goddess on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:01 PM

It's funny to see a lot of people drink a lot of soda!  I never have, we don't keep it in the house. DH gets it sometimes when we go out to restaurants...

Good luck to you, you can do it. Just drink at restaurants. Don't buy soda! Implant this notion in your brain and you'll do fine! xoxo

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Oh good luck! I did that for a while, and I agree... Harder then cigarettes. I've recently relapsed =/

Mommy_Jenx3
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Good luck. That would be like me cutting out coffee. I would never make it and my family would shove it down my throat if I tried.

2nthensome
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Don't focus on it and the urge to drink soda will go away.  After day 3 or 4, you should be fine.  Good luck!

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:03 PM
My dad and i were realy bad for a few years. 12 pack a day each person!) I cut down to a two liter every few days since i had my kids (i dont let them drink it). It is time to get rid of it entirely.

Quoting Coconutty4Hubby:

It's funny to see a lot of people drink a lot of soda!  I never have, we don't keep it in the house. DH gets it sometimes when we go out to restaurants...

Good luck to you, you can do it. Just drink at restaurants. Don't buy soda! Implant this notion in your brain and you'll do fine! xoxo

Jessie25
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:04 PM

We did the same exact same thing last week. My kids and I were drinking way too much of it and it was getting too costly and unhealthy so we are doing the same thing with the water and crystal lite. And crystal lite doesn't have a lot of sugar and is only 10 calories compared to 150 calories a serving of soda. And it's way better than dumping 2 cups of sugar in a gallon of koolaid.

UxorQuodMatris.
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:04 PM
You got this!

It's hard at first, but it gets easier. Do you drink coffee? That'll help with the caffeine deprivation headaches.

Good luck!
UxorQuodMatris.
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Soda I can give up, but never caffeine. NEVER.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

I am such an addiction-addled bitch.

Cigarettes and caffeine.

And weed.

HELP ME GUYS. I'M A FUCKING WRECK.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)