Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

moms of country kids?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:18 PM
  • 69 Replies
What do your kids do during the summer. When there are no malls or kid type hang outs to go to. Do you let them sit indoors all day on their computers or video game systems? My skids are driving me crazy! We have a huge pool, a trampoline and acres of yard.... yet all they do is sit on the computer. Dh sees no problem with it. What can I do?
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pushthruthepain
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:19 PM
2 moms liked this
Take the power cord:)
emt088
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Then they sit in the living room and watch dh either play his computer games or watch TV. :(
LauraS2337
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Tell them to get off of their butts and go play outside.  That's what my parents did with me.  That's what I do with DS.  Limit their TV & video game time to whatever amount of time you think is appropriate each day.  Tell them that other than that, they can either play in their rooms with their toys, or play outside ;)

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:22 PM
He tends his garden, plays in the woods, shoots his blow dart gun....He does play inside some too of course.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Mine ride dirt bikes, swim, look for turtles, dig in the dirt, play in the mud etc.

Today they put the sprinkler under the trampoline and are jumping
mama2beautiesnb
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:23 PM
They go outside and play with their dad. And we have most family activites outside with being inside not an option.
TiffanyRose06
by Hufflepuff on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:25 PM
My brother and I didn't have a choice. We were told to go outside, check in every couple hours and come home for good when the street lights came on

My son would rather be outside
momof3jam
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Tell them they can only play/watch whatever after the sun goes down - and before bed. Until then they are OUTSIDE. No watching DH, no nothing. They will complain for a while, but eventually "learn" how to play.

VannaMae307
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Take away their ability to sit on the computer all day.

Sister.Menses
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:30 PM
We stay outside, play in the creek and catch salamanders and crawdads. Find worms, go fishing. There's lots to do in the country.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)