Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Manic phase of bipolar disorder

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I just realized I'm in the manic phase of my bipolar disorder. I am feeling extremely conceited and like I can do anything and like I don't need sleep. I have other problems too, but my main concern is my sexual drive right now. I have a boyfriend who I've been with for over 3 years and I keep talking to other guys.. I feel like I can do anything I want. I have not done anything with any of them, but that doesn't mean I haven't thought about it. I can't control my thoughts at all.. I don't know what to do right now because I keep making self destructive behaviors then I realize it for awhile, but then later I don't care again.. I don't know what to do....
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you talked to your doctor? That seems like it would be the best first step in fixing this problem.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this
My best friend has this issue- please talk to your doctor and get your meds adjusted!
ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Hypersexuality. You need to call your psychiatrist and therapist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I'm not exactly sure what went wrong but years ago I was put on an anti-depressant (for depression/anxiety only, I don't have bipolar disorder) and it turned me manic. I snapped, everything you just listed happened to me, I was out of control. Now that I think back I probably should have admitted myself to the hospital. At least that way I would have been forced to stop the destructive behavior and they could've taken care of me and my meds until everything stopped. Is that something you could look into?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:54 PM
I have never been on Meds for this. My new doctor doesn't even know I was previously diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not exactly sure what went wrong but years ago I was put on an anti-depressant (for depression/anxiety only, I don't have bipolar disorder) and it turned me manic. I snapped, everything you just listed happened to me, I was out of control. Now that I think back I probably should have admitted myself to the hospital. At least that way I would have been forced to stop the destructive behavior and they could've taken care of me and my meds until everything stopped. Is that something you could look into?

angieluvsolivia
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:56 PM

You need to tell your doctor and get on some meds.  You should know what happens after the manic phase and that can be even worse.  Why haven't you told your new doc, are you ashamed?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:56 PM
2 moms liked this

Bipolar disorder isn't something that just goes away and it's impossible for you to treat yourself or ignore it without MAJOR consequences. You need to talk to your doctor and get help. With regular and mature use of meds you could live a MUCH happier life. When I had my problems I was seeing a REALLY shitty doctor. I told her that I was feeling suicidal and in return she handed me a shopping bag full of Effexor (a super high dose too). Obviously that was what caused my issues, meds are supposed to be something that are monitored closely. If you have a decent doctor he/she can really help you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have never been on Meds for this. My new doctor doesn't even know I was previously diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Go see a Dr.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:38 AM
I'm going to the doctor tomorrow. I'll update if you guys like.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)