Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tradition vs discrimination?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:45 PM
  • 2 Replies
Below are 3 definitions of "Tradition" as per Websters Dictionary.
We have been hearing about "social norm" since forever. I am curious to know your opinions on the following questions. (Please keep in mind the definition of tradition.)

Question 1-
Do you believe tradition is actually adaptable to the "social norm"?
Question 2-
In regards to definition 1b- The bible is a historical intepretation, not verified, but based on opinion. Do you believe that being gay is truly a biblical no no, knowing the definition of tradition?
Question 3-
As per definitions 2, 3, and 4, do you believe tradition can be construed as a form of discrimination?
I'm curious to hear from people who are anti-gay on these questions. I would like to know why being gay, goes against the very vague (IMO) definition of tradition.

1 a : an inherited, established, or customary 1 a : an inherited, established, or customary pattern of thought, action, or behavior (as a religious practice or a social custom) b : a belief or story or a body of beliefs or stories relating to the past that are commonly accepted as historical though not verifiable
2 : the handing down of information, beliefs, and customs by word of mouth or by example from one generation to another without written instruction
3 : cultural continuity in social attitudes, customs, and institutions
4 : characteristic manner, method, or style
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
HandMmom12
by Jody on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Bump
HandMmom12
by Jody on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)