Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so I know christmas is another 6 months away but I have to ask ETA WOW.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 138 Replies
Since I know like always there will be posts saying people should have started saving for christmas or buying gifts early...

How early do you ladies start stocking up on gifts or christmas money if you do? And how early do you think is too early to start

ETA: wow I didn't expect do many mamas to have actually started Christmas shopping so early *not a bash* and at least I don't have to feel so odd at the thought of starting early this year.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:50 PM

We are having a small, like tiny, Christmas this year.  I will start buying a gift or two each payday at the end of this month.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:51 PM

any and every sale all year around..

LisaSmock
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:51 PM

i think people should do what ever they what when it come to christmas gifts

lowencope
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Idk I always wait till October. Boo
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I start shopping in September and I'm finished by November. I think it is never too early. 

But I do it that way because I hate the crowds in December...people aren't very happy doing their last minute shopping :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:52 PM

This year, I am doing the 52 week money saving challenge and using the money just for Christmas.  

bellaamore
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:52 PM
3 moms liked this

We dont.

We only buy two or three gifts that are reqlly going to be loved and used a lot, so we dont save for it really. We dont buy fancy things. Generally, a couple tngs that allow for use of the imagination.

ffpm10
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:53 PM
I started this weekend. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:53 PM

i cant think about that right now. my daughter goes back to school august 7th. so next month i will be buying school supplies.than in august buying some school clothes. than i will start in sept for christmas shopping for my daughter and my son.

KrissyKC
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I have picked up a few small things.   My kids get three actual gifts...  usually something they really want, a box of clothes, and the third thing is always up for grabs.   It's not quite as big as the first "really want"... sometimes it's something useful, sometimes it's something fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)