Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does this make me a horrible person?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:53 PM
  • 3 Replies
So, I recently moved back to pa from md to live with my mother and 2 brothers. With me comes my 4 year old and soon a newborn. I'm divorced from my 4 year old's father and married to my new dh. We decided for the benefit of the kids living up here would be best due to drug activity and gun violence in Baltimore. Living with my mother, there has been 2 big blowouts between one of my brothers (19) and mother. he has moved out. My 16 year old brother has been stealing from us and doing stuff we don't agree with (popping muscle relaxers that he gets from friends, smoking weed, things like that). I've gotten to the point where I snap at my brother bc I feel like he's an asshole. He's sang messed up songs that my daughter is picking up and then his excuse is always that at least she will know how to defend herself verbally (one of the songs is to the beat if hokey pokey and is about someone being dirty in an inappropriate way) or that he didn't know she'd learn it. He also makes fun of her nick Jr shows and treats her like hell. If I complain, he says it's bc I'm a mom. He's called us stinky bitches "jokingly." He doesn't clean up after himself ever. He's disgusting... I pay my mother rent (daughters father sends 300 a month for that purpose), contribute food, and clean. He goes to school and runs the street. Last night, I told my mom that if he doesn't get it together, i'm leaving. My mom needs my help and I need hers. Am i wrong for wanting to leave? An I horrible bc in starting to hate my brother?
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:11 PM

If it were me I would of already left my moms house .I think you need to figure out what you want to do .we can'[t really help with that .But I would leave

newmom121812
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:14 PM
i would leave
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaiyahsmommy
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:14 PM
I just wanted opinions of if I'm overreacting... I've only been here since March.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)