Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long did it take you to complete your college degree?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

and how old were you when you gratuated? 

I am 21 yo and i am still working on my nursing degree!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cbk_mom3
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm 48, and although it took me 30 YEARS after high school, I just graduated from college in January, with my degree in medical billing and coding. The actual course only took less than 2 years to complete. 

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:02 PM

4 years, graduated at 21

j3st3r
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:04 PM

FOREVER....

I went for a year, dropped out, got married, had two babies, went back for an AA&S, worked for a while, & finally decided to go back for a BS.  I will graduate in December, at 30.  I am looking at grad school, now.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I graduated with my RN at 24, BSN at 25, MN at 29

lenashark
by Emerald Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I'll be a senior this next year, I'm doing the average four year degree. I'll be 21 when I graduate. 

Verrine
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

4 years. BUT that has nothing to do with you! It doesn't matter how long it takes you. On a job application, it never asks how long it took or whether you repeated a class, took 9 credits or 21 a semester, changed your major, went to night school, had a breakup, had a breakdown, etc. On a job application you write that you have a degree and the college you attended. If the employer checks, all they get told is that you graduated with what degree and what year.

So, ok, you could get an English degree in 4 years like I did or a nursing degree in X amount of years. Which does the average person think is worth more? Most people don't finish in 4 years and most adults don't have college degrees. Keep chugging away. You're doing great!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:35 PM

where did you go?

Quoting Anonymous:

I graduated with my RN at 24, BSN at 25, MN at 29

Lurion
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:37 PM

And a mommy? You go girl!!

Quoting lenashark:

I'll be a senior this next year, I'm doing the average four year degree. I'll be 21 when I graduate. 

HandMmom12
by Jody on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:40 PM
I started at 18 and graduated one week before I turned 22. About four years. I have a BA.
VannaMae307
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:42 PM

actual college time or since high school? I graduated high school 10 years ago and will have a bachelors degree in june 2014. Actual college time is/was from Nov 2011-June 2014. I don't regret waiting...I tried college before and just didn't have the interest, now I know what I want to do and have excelled at it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)