Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom's weigh in! Pic and poll included

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you allow your dd to do this?

Options:

Sure, Why not?

HELL NO!

Other--expain.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 66

View Results

This seems to be a growing trend...and i REALLY don't get it. Would you or have you let your DD do this to her hair?? 

My opinion: Hell no! Luckily my dd is only 4 but if she were older I would not let her do it. Also, if she did it herself without my permission, i'd probably make her shave her entire head. Just isnt normal. (BTW my daughter has very long, thick, hair that goes all the way too her butt, I would be devastated to do something like this!)

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
britmichele
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:09 PM
It would depend on her age
vvinkyloafer
1 mom liked this

You mean the ugly Skrillex hairstyle? Fuck no.

She won't even know who that dickhead is.

mama2ameira
by captain underpants on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:09 PM
No. I don't like it. But then again DD is only 3.
Caylaris1813

Yes, I would. I'd do it myself if I lose the weight I want to lose before I feel to old for it. Lol.

I've always been crazy with my hair. I can't even count how many colors it's been, I've buzzed it all off before, had a fauxhawk, etc. Oh, I had the underneath half shaved for a long, long time.

ETA:

I want her to express herself as early as possible so it's out of her system by the time she needs to start a career. However, I hope she doesn't start this stuff until at least high school(about when I started). I was too chicken to try everything I wanted to try. 

Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:10 PM

It's just hair. She can shave her whole head if she wants too. As long as she isn't coming home with tattoos all over her face I will be pretty lenient with body modifications.

Stephd710
by Emerald Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

The hair...yes sure, it will grow back.  The nasty ass giant hole in her ear??? No freaking way.  Thats disgusting. 

bclassybutsassy
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:11 PM

personally, yes. I'll support her b/c I went though alot of identity crisis when I was a teenager lol. I'd rather support her and get it done at a salon then have her come home one day with her hair fucked up... plus its just hair 

jdy9440

My 15 yr old niece did this to herself without permission, do not like it.

armywifey26
by Krissy on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Depends on her age of course. But I wouldn't care. Hair grows back. I'd rather her express herself with non-permanent things than doing something that will be permanent 

baileyquarters
I hate it, but I try not to stifle them with little things like how they want to style their hair. Hopefully it wouldn't come to that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)