Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm such a worry wart and now pissed at MIL

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:22 PM
  • 26 Replies
So, my inlaws wanted to take dd(4) to New York for 2 weeks(they live there). I said okay because I'm traveling this coming Friday. They leave this morning, and I tell her to call every 2 1/2 hours to let me know they're okay.

They left at 8:30am, its now almost 2:30pm, no phone call. I've called the cell and phone number, no answer.

I'm pissed.
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
andreamarie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:24 PM

then why did you let her go ? sounds like you don't trust them, unless they are horrible untrustworthy people. they have a right to be pissed.

every 2 1/2 hours is extreame.

Chloesmom1126
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:26 PM
2 moms liked this
It's a 5 hour drive. Call me when you're half way there and when you make it home. I don't think its that extreme.

Quoting andreamarie:

then why did you let her go ? sounds like you don't trust them, unless they are horrible untrustworthy people. they have a right to be pissed.

andreamarie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I understand calling you to say how things are going. But how often do they see your dd ?

they probably forgot the time or could be somewhere cell reception is not good.

There are quite a few areas around here like that.

Give them a little time.

If nothing in an hour or so then you have every right to worry.

I just wish my kids only grandfather would spend time with them with out a reason. usually one that benefits him.

I understand your concern. I really do. I just know how important the relationship is.

I hope you get a all soon.

leave a voicemail and ask if everyone is having a good time ?

See if they return the call.

I thought you expected a call every 2 1/2 hours for the whole stay. what did you schedule for that ?

Quoting Chloesmom1126:

It's a 5 hour drive. Call me when you're half way there and when you make it home. I don't think its that extreme.

Quoting andreamarie:

Chloesmom1126
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Yeah, I just got ahold of them. They're at their house, she said she got the voicemail I left and didn't feel like calling me back.

So, lesson learned. That will never happen again.

Quoting andreamarie:

I understand calling you to say how things are going. But how often do they see your dd ?

Give them a little time.

I just wish my kids only grandfather would spend time with them with out a reason. usually one that benefits him.

I understand your concern. I really do. I just know how important the relationship is.

I thought you expected a call every 2 1/2 hours for the whole stay. what did you schedule for that ?

Quoting Chloesmom1126:

Quoting andreamarie:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Chill out. Do you not trust them to take care of her or something

Quoting Chloesmom1126:

Yeah, I just got ahold of them. They're at their house, she said she got the voicemail I left and didn't feel like calling me back.

Quoting andreamarie:

Give them a little time.

Quoting Chloesmom1126:

Quoting andreamarie:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:07 PM

really? every 2 1/2 hours? That's a bit excessive don't you think? If you don't hear back from them soon, then you should start worrying. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:09 PM

So because they said they didn't feel like calling you back, you are going to deprive your child of seeing her grandparents in the future? Sounds a bit selfish to me. 

Quoting Chloesmom1126:

Quoting andreamarie:

Give them a little time.

Quoting Chloesmom1126:

Quoting andreamarie:

937mrsweaver
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

No way in hell would I let my child go that young, and for that long!

soccermomma72
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Seriously every 2 1/2 hours? That is just down right ridiculous. If you do not trust them enough to handle your child you should have never let her go, and if you do trust them then trust that they will take care of her. Good grief lady they raised your husband I am sure they can handle a 4yo, holy crap some people are nuts. If they were dead or in an accident I am sure you would have been notified eye rolling

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Quoting 937mrsweaver:

No way in hell would I let my child go that young, and for that long!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)