Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

grandma contacted husband on facebook about a child he didnt know about...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 128 Replies
Back story is husband use to have a girl he banged on the weekends. It was sorry lived and she was quite active with other people as well. She was even involved in a gang bang with my husband and his friend. This went on for a month or so, then he moved and contact was lost. Her mother called once and said you got my daughter pregnant, but this was almost 7 years ago, and after he said prove it, it was dropped. Now grandma messaged him and said here is the kid, he deserves to know his father.

I don't know what to do. Hubby wants to leave it alone. He said they are more then welcome to come after him, which then he will do a dna test. This all started before we started dating, and by the time the child was born, we where only 5 months into our relation. I need opinions on if you ladies agree with hubby. I want to call and figure it out because I hate the thought of this child missing out on family time at such an important age. I have a son only 7 months older, then we have a1 year old. If we figure it out, there is plenty of time to blend us all together. At the same time,I don't want the baby mama drama lol. Thoughts please...
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:54 PM
4 moms liked this

I would sort it out sooner rather than later

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Your spelling sucks
WhySoSalty
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Why would you marry that kind of man?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:56 PM
6 moms liked this

I would want to know, for sure, as soon as possible.  I would be sadly disappointed in my husband if he didn't have a desire to know this child.

NorseGodessMom
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I say DNA or go suck it!

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell your DH how you feel.... ALL of it.    I'd rather know what was going on sooner.   Because say she files for support but you guys don't start paying it until you know the child is his (DNA proof)... well if the child IS his, then you get this big lump of money you owe going back to the date that she filed.

Also, if the child ISN'T his, then you find out quicker and don't get heartstrings attached.

STVUstudent
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:57 PM

get a dna... if it is his, he needs to man up and do the right thing, whatever you all decide is the right thing...  if it isn't, well, that is that...

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:58 PM

remind him that she can go after him for back child support, so if the child isn't his he would want to know for piece of mind ASAP and for financial planning if the baby is his

amberleh
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:58 PM

If she was really that sexually active, then yeah, I'd probably wait until they actually do more than just send him a message on FB saying he is the father. However, if they start hounding him, I would just go ahead and have him do the dna testing to get it over and done with. It kinda sounds like they are grasping at straws here. He might just be the one they can track down to bug about it, or they might have already tried the other guys and none of them have panned out. 

gilbertgrl627
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I would get a DNA test done soon. For your peace of mind as well as everyone else involved. That way, if it's proven that he is not the father (lol, had a Maury flashback), then you can both move on with your lives and not worry about it again. But if it's proven his is the father, then you can take any necessary steps- child support, visitation, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)