Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever looked for someone you once loved?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

I truly loved this amazing guy a few years back and all these years later, I still think about him.  We were together a year and a half and we talked about marriage but I ended it because my family wasn't accepting of him.  I ended up marrying someone else - someone that my family approved of.  That did not last very long and I had a child who is four now. Anyway, all these years later, I still love this guy - at least I think I do.  He was the love of my life once.  I have done some checking up and I know he is not married. I hate to be a stalker but I feel compelled to get in contact with him.

I have been in contact a couple times over the years but he has never responded.  I don't know if he ever got my letters. Most recently, I sent him a letter about three months ago. It is possible he wants nothing to do with me.  I cannot find him on Facebook which is usually a much easier way to get in contact.  I want to contact him just to see if I am wasting my time.  I don't want to not have tried.  I have a phone number for him.  I am not going to ask his family about him because they might still be angry at me for ending things.

What are your thoughts? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:16 PM

if he hasn't responded, let him go

nerdymom28
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:18 PM

He didn't respond for a reason. Just let him go and get on with your life.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Nope. Leave the past in the past and move on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:20 PM

If he hasn't responded,  you need to let him go. I know it's hard, but you gave him chances to get back in touch with you and he didn't, so he's given you his answer. It's over.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

A man that is really interested will talk to you. You may not be able to find him on fb because he's blocked you.

lnrmom
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I think you have tried. If he wanted to get in contact with you, he would have responded to your letters.

I have contacted people from my past, even loves from my past. If they don't respond, don't push.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:21 PM

You're in love with the memories...  Let them lay where they are and leave him alone...

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Nope. Leave the past in the past and move on.

mama2alex2008
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Yep, found the love of my life online, we reunited on a date,married immediately...now going on 8 years of a fantastic marriage! I feel like I am 17 again with him!
gigis1
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:22 PM
When I look, it's because I wanna know they're doing good. I'm happy and I wish my exes happiness, even if it dodnt end well.

We all have to move on and remember why we aren't with past loves
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)