Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How To Annoy and Expose a Narcissist

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
My BIL is a narcissist. Heis really good at sucking up, so no one sees his true self. Is there any way to expose him to others? If I say something directly, i am worried that no one will believe me.

He takes passive aggressive pot shots at me every chance he gets. How can I annoy him in a passive aggressive way so that no one notices that I'm being bitchy?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Idk, I'm not into playing games with people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I speak from experience when I say most narcissists are not phased by being "exposed". Since they only care about themselves, they won't feel any shame or embarassment. The best thing you can do is leave them alone, stay away from them if you can, and the truth ALWAYS comes out on its own. I dealt with a sociopathic family member for years, and I was the only one that saw it while everyone else thought they were just sweet as can be. They always expose themselves in the end. You aren't a narcissist, so you can't play thier game the way they do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:41 PM
I feel like this narcissist has targeted me for some unknown reason. Most of my family doesn't believe his lies yet, but I worry that they will someday if they keep hearing them over and over again. DH and I are mystified about why he is doing this. I need to find some way to defend myself.
Quoting Anonymous:

I speak from experience when I say most narcissists are not phased by being "exposed". Since they only care about themselves, they won't feel any shame or embarrassment. The best thing you can do is leave them alone, stay away from them if you can, and the truth ALWAYS comes out on its own. I dealt with a sociopathic family member for years, and I was the only one that saw it while everyone else thought they were just sweet as can be. They always expose themselves in the end. You aren't a narcissist, so you can't play thier game the way they do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:44 PM

They always have a target, or a scapegoat. I was my sil's scapegoat when she was still around. No one could see it but me. Everyone thought I was crazy at first. If he didn't target you it would be someone else. As soon as they drain one target of everything, they move on to a new one. That is how they expose themselves. They burn one bridge after another until there are none left to cross. I've seen it happen with my own eyes. I didn't have to do anything except get the hell away from her for that to happen.

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel like this narcissist has targeted me for some unknown reason. Most of my family doesn't believe his lies yet, but I worry that they will someday if they keep hearing them over and over again. DH and I are mystified about why he is doing this.
Quoting Anonymous:

I speak from experience when I say most narcissists are not phased by being "exposed". Since they only care about themselves, they won't feel any shame or embarrassment. The best thing you can do is leave them alone, stay away from them if you can, and the truth ALWAYS comes out on its own. I dealt with a sociopathic family member for years, and I was the only one that saw it while everyone else thought they were just sweet as can be. They always expose themselves in the end. You aren't a narcissist, so you can't play thier game the way they do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:49 PM
You are the target because you are the one on to him.

Ignore him. Pretend he doesnt exist... when appropriate say things like 'what does this have to do with you' ' how does this affect you?' how always as a question said with wonder not meanness.

You will know it is working because he will ride you harder.
Aislinn
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Personally, I am more of the direct approach kind of gal. I would look at him and tell him to stop being a narcissistic asshole in front of as many people as I could. Narcissists do NOT like being embarrassed.

wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Don't give him the attention he feels he deserves.
LilliesValley
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I wouldn't play with him. Seriously, why waste your time. Tell your dh and have him deal with your bil. If dh doesn't take care of it I do, and my dh never wants that. LOL.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Some family members have started to see it over time, but it is a slow process. His lies have strained my relationship with my sister. We used to be extremely close and it hurts me so much. He completely controls her. Will she ever figure him out? How long will it take?
l
Quoting Anonymous:

D
xoxRachelxox
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Don't bother. It won't affect him in the least. Narcissists make the best victims and that's what he'll do if you come at him. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)