Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTF, I am FREAKING out!

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:44 PM
  • 50 Replies

Ok so, I had twins in January, they are going to be 5 months old on the 24th. Anyway I delivered them via cesarean and also requested my tubes be tied during the surgery...fast forward to my 6 week check up, my ob comes in and first thing he says is what are we going to do for birth control and I of course was like I don't need it, I had my tubes tied...he was like oh you did..and then he played like he was joking...ugh! So I didn't think much more of it until NOW...I am LATE, like late enough that if I am pregnant I am 5 and a half weeks...so I called the office and had them check my file to make sure it was done...they at first couldn't find the paper and so she put me on hold...she came back a few minutes later and said yep bilateral (both of them) but hmmm I am still like freaking out!! For one my OB "helped" deliver he left right after they pulled Jadalyn out...so am I just being paranoid or does this sound a little fishy?

And obviously I can take a test and solve this whole thing but I am not able to do that at the moment so I figured I would vent here, and take care of that part later. I need some adult conversation! LOL.

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:46 PM
relax!! it takes almost a year for periods after birth to become regular. your symptoms may just be hormones.
xMs.Shannax
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:49 PM

That is what I am praying it is!

Quoting Anonymous:

relax!! it takes almost a year for periods after birth to become regular. your symptoms may just be hormones.

TishHughes
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Are you the Shanna from Anita's group?

YouMad
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Atleast if you are pregnant the malpractice suit you bring against your OB should put all 3 of your kids through college :)

elitish
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Your periods go wonky after a tubal. Calm down.
xMs.Shannax
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Yes...who are you?

Quoting TishHughes:

Are you the Shanna from Anita's group?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:55 PM

You can still get pregnant with your tubes tied....just ends up being a tubal pregnancy.  It does happen. Good luck!

xMs.Shannax
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Good to know, good to know! Thanks! 

Quoting elitish:

Your periods go wonky after a tubal. Calm down.

lovemyfriend
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:55 PM

I didn't even get a period for a year after I gave birth.  Hopefully you're just getting readjusted :)

xMs.Shannax
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I have 4 kids..LOL but idk if I would take it that far, I love my doctor but idk if I find out they lied to me I would be pretty pissed! 

Quoting YouMad:

Atleast if you are pregnant the malpractice suit you bring against your OB should put all 3 of your kids through college :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)