Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ob referring me if baby not born by due date?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
I am a pregnant with my first baby, and she is due June 30th. I was wondering what the chances are of going into labor by my due date? I am curious because my current ob plans to refer me to another facility if she isn't born by her due date because the fact I am taking blood sugar meds... (I have been on the meds my whole pregnancy, so they don't know if I have gb or not due to taking them)(Other facility deals with higher risk pregnancies) So any advice or info would be greatly appreciated. Extra Info: Had routine ob appointment today with my current doctor, no signs or dilation or thinning...
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Probably not likely. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Probably not likely. 

Because this is my first baby or lack or labor signs so far? I am just hoping since the higher risk place is in another town...
norwgnwood
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:10 PM
The average first pregnancy is 41 weeks 1 day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleyrenee24
by 2ne1 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Due dates are estimates. They can be as far as two weeks off.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Probably not likely. 

Because this is my first baby or lack or labor signs so far? I am just hoping since the higher risk place is in another town...

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Because it is your first.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Probably not likely. 

kysmama08
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:12 PM

My first born arrived exactly 1 week before her due date. It's just an estimated date...you could go at any time...sooner or later. I'm 34 weeks and 3 days and I had an appt today and I was 1cm dilated.

RunningJunkie05
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:14 PM

There is no way to really know that. You can be dialated for days or go from completely closed to fully dialated in a shorter amount of time.

Nee86
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Very unlikely. Due dates are estimates. Baby could come up to 2 weeks after due date.
alexsmomma06
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I'm trying to remember the exact numbers but most women go past their due date with their first child. And dilation or thinning has no bearing on when you will actually go into labor. I was ata 2-3 centimeters from week 38 with my first and didn't deliver until I was 42wks. With my second same thing, delivered at 41wks. My last I wasn't even dilated 1 centimeter at my last OB checkup and I delivered at 39wks(1 day after my apt)

elitish
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Because due dates are not due dates. They are estimations. The method we use to guess is over 500 years old and we still haven't updated it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Probably not likely. 

Because this is my first baby or lack or labor signs so far?
I am just hoping since the higher risk place is in another town...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)