Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dh has gone crazy(trailor park hooker) :)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
My dh wants to move us out of our apt two bed room for 1200 a month plus utilities and buy a trailor he said it could be an investment lator on when we buy a house . Im not sure about this any tips or advice , about buy or living in one I honestly dont know how I feel about it please tell me what is like..
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nerdymom28
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I would never live in a trailer, but only because I live in Kansas and wouldn't feel safe without a basement.

Nothing against trailer dwellers in general, though. I have lived in them before and they can be really nice homes.

michiganmom5150
All I know is they are not investments. May be cheaper than an apt in the long run(after you own it, lot rent is cheap). They decrease in value a lot. But, I may help you save money.
Mittenmommie
Get some rollers for your hair and pink flamingos for the front yard. Maybe he will change his mind then
Caylaris1813
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:09 PM

You can get some really nice ones. 

I was thinking of suggesting this to DH.

macysmom
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Hey now- I'm flamingo obsessed! But I don't live in a trailer and I buy expensive ones!

Quoting Mittenmommie:

Get some rollers for your hair and pink flamingos for the front yard. Maybe he will change his mind then

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:11 PM

i live in one right now

it isnt an investment, the reason we live in one is because its bigger and cheaper than the apartments we find around our area and it only until we we can afford a house. 

I suggest if you get one, get a newer model, and watch the windows!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:11 PM
3 moms liked this

Mobile homes are not investments, they have horrible resale value.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:13 PM

I really don't think they are investments.  They may be cheaper than renting an apartment.  There are some really nice onces in my area. 

Mittenmommie
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:14 PM
I like them too lol

Quoting macysmom:

Hey now- I'm flamingo obsessed! But I don't live in a trailer and I buy expensive ones!

Quoting Mittenmommie:

elitish
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Your husband needs to take a basic economics class.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)