Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Told my son that we cant compete with cheaters, doesnt make it any better though!

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:12 PM
  • 0 Replies

My son is part of the local summer reading program at the library. You win a prize if you read the most books, it goes by grade level. 

For every book you check back in,they take a ticket and write the number of books you read that week on it and your name and put it in your grade levels bucket. The person who read the most books at the end of July wins.

Here is the deal, as we where putting his ticket in the bucket I can see the other ticket, one boy particularly, who on a weekly basis, the ticket reads that he read 60 books. Yep, you read that right 60!! THere is no way in hell, a 2nd grader, or anybody, read 60 books in one week. 

My son is in tears, he saw it to, and says he cant compete with that, which no once can. I told him to keep reading and I would get him a prize at the end of July.

How on earth can the librarian really believe that child read 60 books, unless it was 6 and when he walked up to the bucket and he added the 0. The buckets are in the back of the room where the librarian cant see them. 

Im sorry, but its not right and none of the other children can compete with a cheater!!!  I hope they catch it when they count the tickets, but we live in a small town and he has the right last name (anyone in a small town knows, that with the right last name you can get away with murder, literally!), which means, they will let him win. 

Does anybody here really think a 2nd grader can read 60 books in one week!!! 

"So often, children are punished for being HUMAN. Children are not allowed to have grumpy moods, bad days, disrespectful tones, or bad attitudes, yet we adults have them all the time. None of us are perfect, and we must stop holding our children to a higher standard of perfection than we ourselves can attain." - Rebecca Earnes

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)