Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Call Of duty fans and moms in general

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

Mobile Photo

Would you allow your newly turned 4 yr old to play call of duty?

Thanks Ladies.. I was just curious if I was just an "up tight mom" a coworker was talking about her 4 yr old playing it and how it's funny when he laughs at the shooting.They were here one day playing and the next day my son wil be 3 in a month started saying " I;m going to shoot you in the head!" I was like wth?!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
roosmommy101212
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Fuck no! There's so much violence. I would let my kiddo at about 13 if he showed me he was mature enough. I'm not really a COD fan tho. I play BioShock, Borderlands, and Fallout to name a few tho
garnet83
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:21 PM

No. Dh plays it. The kids don't really notice it though. They are too busy playing with their own toys. On the rare occasions they seem to be paying attention, he pauses it until they move on to another room.

anon1986East
by Kali on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I would if there was an adult supervising and so long as the head set isn't plugged in. I'm more disturbed by the things people say on there than I am about the violence. Last week my husband and his buddies were playing and he had it set so I could also hear what everyone was saying through the TV so I hear this kid talking all kinds of shit and my jaw dropped. My husband told me the kid was 11, and I just looked at him and asked him how that doesn't disturb him knowing our oldest is only a few years younger.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:23 PM
No but my son plays sky lander and I am sure people don't agree with it. I had planned on waiting to introduce the whole video game thing. His cousin had it and every time he was over there he was playing it. He talked about it non stop so we bought it for his birthday. Call of duty is to real for my son.
Mommy2ETnBM
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:23 PM

4? Oh wow, no way. My almost 12 year old plays it, and I have the parental controls set on it so that he can't hear anyone talking on there except for his school friends.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:25 PM

My 4yo dd plays counter-strike. But she's not very good at it because she likes to kill the hostages.

ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:26 PM

We generally don't like FPSs, but he plays Red Faction and other games with his dad. He's 2.5. He also sits on my lap and we play LoL together. I let him pick my champ and skin, and he gets to press the buttons while I work the mouse.

alisheamonet33
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:26 PM

hell no my 11 yr old doesnt even play it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:26 PM

no. mine didn't start playing cod until they were at least 6. lol. 

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:27 PM
No
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)