Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I GAVE BIRTH TO GIANTS! Ask me anything... .. .

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:24 PM
  • 104 Replies

My boys were around 10 pounds at birth. (Both via C-Section)

Here are just a few parenting questions that I've answered... .. .

Q.) How do you know when it's time to give up the bottle? 
A.) When they throw it at you when it's empty.

Q.) Why don't you use baby gates? 
A.) Because my 18 month old plows through them like a linebacker and my 2 year old climbs them. 

Q.) How do you know when it's time to give up the pacifier? 
A.) When they EAT them all and there's no point in buying one because it will just get eaten in minutes.

Q.) How do you know when it's time to retire the bouncey seat? 
A.) When your 18 month old snaps the actual metal frame in half playing on it!

(It's no fun having a giant baby - they never fit the tiny clothes people gave you at the baby shower. They exceed the weight limit of infant swings before they can walk - people think they are older than they really are - so I would get glared at for offering them pacifiers and bottles in public. People expect them to talk and they can't yet. I couldn't put them in a baby carrier or sling.)

EDIT: Naptime is almost over - so I have to go - but I'm really glad I got to chat with you all about babies! Love the pics! Babies (no matter the size) are Awesome! ttyl mommies out there and for anyone who didn't like the spirit of the conversation - sorry if it wasn't your cup of tea, but I didn't force you to read it. HAPPY MONDAY!! 

Anyone here Zentangle? I do during naptimes. Great medetation. 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/154252469/zentangle-drawing-3x5-original-artwork

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bfountain
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

How much does he weight now?  I would love to see a pic of him?  :)

babyspots17
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I had two babies over 10lbs and one over 9bs I have no questions really. 

Edit: thought of questions how old are they now?  And why couldn't they fit in a sling or carrier?

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Your last paragraph sounds like what I went through with DS. He was 9 lbs 1 oz at birth and my mom was out returning newborn clothes so he would have something to wear. He was out of his swing, his infant carseat (this was almost 18 years ago, they only went to 20 lbs), and his bouncer long before most babies. Everyone always thought he was older. I took to carrying around his birth certificate because places would deny me the under 3 price for admission once he hit about 16 months. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Are you the one that was bitching in another post about car seat recommendations? Claimed her one year old weighed 40 lbs and the same child was 52 lbs at 6?
Sekirei
by LoKitty on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I know how that feels. 

My son was a little over 10lbs and I had no c section.. all of the clothes my family bought him didn't fit.

My MIL bought the clothes big, because she knew that children from her side and my husband's father's side end up HUGE lol

bcoll
by Brandi on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Hehe, my biggest baby is 46lbs and 42 inches (she's 2)

How big are your boys now? :)

Eliots_momma
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:30 PM
How much did you gain during pregnancy?
zombieskayer
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

My mom has had four kids all together. I was 8lbs 10 oz... My brother was 11lbs my sister was 10lbs 2 oz. and my youngest sister was 8lbs 11oz.. She did those all vaginally and only had epidurals for me and my youngest sister. My munchkin was 9lbs 0.8 oz. I know I had to run out when my sister was born and buy her, her hospital picture outfit because none from the babyshower fit!

cw23bits
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:32 PM

My DH is 6'6" so I have some big kids too. 10 lbs at birth. Oldest DD is 14 and 5'10 now. Younger DS is expected to be taller than his dad.

How tall are you and your DH? Have they predicted how tall your boys are going to end up?

b0bbied0ll
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:34 PM

No questions...

the only "normal sized" baby I had was my first who was 7lbs 7oz at 38 weeks.My middle son was 9lbs 2oz at 40 weeks, and youngest 9lbs 13oz at 39 weeks. Then my surrobaby was 9lbs 7oz at 39 weeks as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured