Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I GAVE BIRTH TO GIANTS! Ask me anything... .. .

Posted by   + Show Post

My boys were around 10 pounds at birth. (Both via C-Section)

Here are just a few parenting questions that I've answered... .. .

Q.) How do you know when it's time to give up the bottle? 
A.) When they throw it at you when it's empty.

Q.) Why don't you use baby gates? 
A.) Because my 18 month old plows through them like a linebacker and my 2 year old climbs them. 

Q.) How do you know when it's time to give up the pacifier? 
A.) When they EAT them all and there's no point in buying one because it will just get eaten in minutes.

Q.) How do you know when it's time to retire the bouncey seat? 
A.) When your 18 month old snaps the actual metal frame in half playing on it!

(It's no fun having a giant baby - they never fit the tiny clothes people gave you at the baby shower. They exceed the weight limit of infant swings before they can walk - people think they are older than they really are - so I would get glared at for offering them pacifiers and bottles in public. People expect them to talk and they can't yet. I couldn't put them in a baby carrier or sling.)

EDIT: Naptime is almost over - so I have to go - but I'm really glad I got to chat with you all about babies! Love the pics! Babies (no matter the size) are Awesome! ttyl mommies out there and for anyone who didn't like the spirit of the conversation - sorry if it wasn't your cup of tea, but I didn't force you to read it. HAPPY MONDAY!! 

Anyone here Zentangle? I do during naptimes. Great medetation. 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/154252469/zentangle-drawing-3x5-original-artwork

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Replies (101-104):
DBone_Holmes
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Uhm, no - you can't put an infant under 2 years old in a FF infant seat because an accident could cause severe injury because their neck muscles might not be fully developed. But, thank you for your concern and assumptions.

Quoting Anonymous:

Her child's safety is clearly NOT the most important thing if she FFed them before 2yo. Which, judging by her replies, is clear she did.

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Seriously? Your going to be a bitch when she even said her childs saftey was the most important thing? Grow up!

Quoting Anonymous:

That's when you take them out of the INFANT seat and put them in this fabulous creation called a rear-facing TODDLER seat. Children up to two/three regularly ride in them ALL THE TIME without any problems.

Quoting DBone_Holmes:

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you the one that was bitching in another post about car seat recommendations? Claimed her one year old weighed 40 lbs and the same child was 52 lbs at 6?

Nope, but car seats did pose a slight problem for us, as they were too long to sit comfortably in the rear-facing seats without bending their knees, so we kept car rides brief and if we did have to go far, we would stop and stretch out on the way. Safety First!!

DBone_Holmes
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:59 PM

They were 22 inches and 22 and a quarter inches long - not sure how that measures up but when they stretched out I could hardly believe they were ever inside me! 

Quoting Miranda1127:

giant? when I think giant I think overall height/weight. Not just the weight. How long were they?

I often joke that I gave birth to a toddler when referring to ds. He wasn't as heavy as your boys (9lb 2oz), but he was really long. He came out of the womb and right into 3-6mo clothing.

DBone_Holmes
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:02 PM

That's how long my boys were! Peoples eyes always get big when I tell them how old my boys are, I was always petite, but really I think I was just short heh. .

Quoting katherinemcp:

Good gracious. My biggest was 7 lbs 3 oz. My other two were 6lbs 8oz and 6lbs 3oz. They were all long, 22"! I get told how 'petite' my kids are all the time.

Miranda1127
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:42 AM

ehhh...that's not to big. Both of mine were longer than that, even my 7lber. Your's are a bit heavier than avg, but w/in he avg length. I wouldn't call them giants, maybe chunky babies....not really giant material though.

Quoting DBone_Holmes:

They were 22 inches and 22 and a quarter inches long - not sure how that measures up but when they stretched out I could hardly believe they were ever inside me! 

Quoting Miranda1127:

giant? when I think giant I think overall height/weight. Not just the weight. How long were they?

I often joke that I gave birth to a toddler when referring to ds. He wasn't as heavy as your boys (9lb 2oz), but he was really long. He came out of the womb and right into 3-6mo clothing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)