Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"you lazy a••es shouldnt park here,im calling the cops"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

yup had someone tell me and my friend that today.heres what happened,my friend just found out friday that shes having a girl(shes due in october) and im also having a girl(im due in august) so we went to babies r us today to grab her a new crib(their ds destroyed the one they had) and both of us new baby clothes. anyway so i have arthritis in my knees that has gotten to the point i cant walk around the grocery store without having to stop for a few minutes,so to make it easy on me(well us because we had our kids with us also) we parked in the expectant mother spot right in front,and as we are getting our kids down some guy with his pregnant wife walks up to our car yelling at us, saying that we arent even far enough a long to need this spot and that we need to get our fat lazy asses back into the car and park farther because his wife is high risk and cant walk that far. then when we started closing up the car to walk inside the guy said he was calling the cops,my friend said "go ahead, see how stupid you look when they laugh at you" and what do you know they laughed at him but came anyway because he was being belligerent.officer came up to us asked how far along we were,asked if we had any medical problems to use the spot,shrugged at the guy and drove off....the guys face was priceless lol he was so pissed off

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting BrittSam2011:

It bugs me when I tale my kids to the mall and they have people who park in the "family" parking spots that are reserved for expectant mothers or people with small children. You know, you see some bimbo drive up in her car and walk into the mall with no kids OR baby bump. Or it's an old person who just wanted to park there and they're alone, too. Ugh. People are so rude.

yeah usually i will not park in those spots unless im actually showing,and i stop parking in those spots when my kid turns 1

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:48 PM
My parents got yelled at for using a handicap spot when they both ha a handicap sticker.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:48 PM

haha I bet! I have always wanted twins though! I think I would be going crazy with shopping and all that if i found out i was having twins. I don't think I could get that lucky though! lol 

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

One thanks.

Two, i dont think its hit me yet lmao.

Everyone else is excited. But me im just like "dec needs to hurry up,i dont want to be pregnant anymore"

Quoting Anonymous:

well good luck! I hope you have a good pregnancy and congrats on the twins! I bet that's exciting!

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

It all varies by person. 

I am high risk because of the twins, diabetes, and clots. 

But I am still allowed to walk around and do things, for now. 

I am guessing in about another 12 weeks if Baby A continues to be bigger and the other issues I'll be on bed rest.

Quoting Anonymous:

If that dude's wife was high risk, what was she doing at the grocery store? I was placed on bedrest and told not to do anything that involves walking around during my high risk pregnancies. And at the least, the man could have went in and got his wife a wheel chair. 

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Wow. That guy is a whack job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Quoting spunky946:

yeah i think he was on the rag....or his wife transferred her hormones to him and made him crazy...

Wicked.Jester
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Its not illegal for anyone to park there.  Its a courtesy, not a law.

Quoting lnrmom:

It is not illegal for you to park in the expectant mother spot whether you are 4 months or 9 months about to pop. If his wife is so fragile, what was she doing out and about ANYWAY?

sweetfox3
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this

How do you know they were not pregnant?  Do you know them personally?  Did you ask/confront them?

--so sayeth the woman who some guy insisted I let his (7-month, very adamant on that point) pregnant wife ahead of them in line at the food court.  I was wearing my overcoat over my uniform, so he could not see I had on my maternity uniform (those are very obviously different).  My baby was born that weekend.  People have commented that even full term, if in the "right" clothes, I do not even look pregnant. 

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

I personally think there should be more regulations for those spots. 

Because we went to Babies R Us, and all but one of the spots were taken up, and none of the women were pregnant. 

Quoting sheramom4:

It's not illegal to park in the expectant mother's spot even if you are not pregnant. They are not legally recognized as restricted parking, they are convenience spots only. LOL. What an idiot (the guy who called the cops). 

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Lmao

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting spunky946:

yeah i think he was on the rag....or his wife transferred her hormones to him and made him crazy...

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:51 PM
I thought i wanted twins.

And now im like

"Dear god, i know i was a bitch when i was growing up and a rebel, but seriously what did i do to deserve this?"

I just dont like being pregnant.

Quoting Anonymous:

haha I bet! I have always wanted twins though! I think I would be going crazy with shopping and all that if i found out i was having twins. I don't think I could get that lucky though! lol 

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

One thanks.

Two, i dont think its hit me yet lmao.

Everyone else is excited. But me im just like "dec needs to hurry up,i dont want to be pregnant anymore"

Quoting Anonymous:

well good luck! I hope you have a good pregnancy and congrats on the twins! I bet that's exciting!

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

It all varies by person. 

I am high risk because of the twins, diabetes, and clots. 

But I am still allowed to walk around and do things, for now. 

I am guessing in about another 12 weeks if Baby A continues to be bigger and the other issues I'll be on bed rest.

Quoting Anonymous:

If that dude's wife was high risk, what was she doing at the grocery store? I was placed on bedrest and told not to do anything that involves walking around during my high risk pregnancies. And at the least, the man could have went in and got his wife a wheel chair. 

JoanahLee
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:51 PM

There is no legal enforcement for that sing, its just a courtesy that the store asks people to reserve that spot for pregnant women.  My grandad could park there if he wanted to.  He would be an ass hole for doing it, but no one could actually do anything about it. 

I would have been in the store and halfway done with my shopping before the cops showed up, no way would I stand around entertaining a belligerent ass like that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)