Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Morning sickness. help

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:29 PM
  • 10 Replies
Please tell me there is some kind of trick to ease it. This is my third pregnancy and by far the worst morning sickness I have ever had. I've been immobile all day, if I move I puke. All I've had today is water so that's all that's coming up but still. It started lsat week and had just been horrible today is the worst tho. So tips?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jtsmommy11
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:33 PM
i was sickthe whole time the only thing thateased it was peppermint herbal tea and i atealot of fruit like grapes and apples and vegies like cucumbers pretty tastless stuff helped lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof2angels88
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:34 PM
The only thing that helped me was sucking on mints. I liked the soft ones. I had severe morning sickness with ALL of my girls (4) and that was the only thing that worked. Good luck!!!
mommy2cristian
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:13 PM
I've heard ginger helps. Pressure points. I'm not sure though since I threw up everything with my pregnancies. Bile doesn't taste good coming up.
poohbearkfc
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Crackers, saltiness (sp?)
MomTo2Boys12
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Sometimes nothing helps. I know that is no help to you, but I've been there this while pregnancy. The only way to keep water down at the least, I had to take zofran and phenergran that or going to the hospital to get a couple of IV bags pumped into my system. Try peppermint, or ginger...
hayvensmommy07
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:10 PM
What do you do with the ginger? I have a ginger root in the fridge for a recipe,

Quoting MomTo2Boys12:

Sometimes nothing helps. I know that is no help to you, but I've been there this while pregnancy. The only way to keep water down at the least, I had to take zofran and phenergran that or going to the hospital to get a couple of IV bags pumped into my system. Try peppermint, or ginger...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunrisekn
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:11 PM

I had morning sickness for 8 months. Ginger ale and saltines were my saviors. Your doctor can prescribe something as well.

bethgoedeken
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:13 PM

preggie pops from motherhood maternity are amazing! also, it sounds weird, but sips of straight coca-cola helped me. just limit yourself. also, ginger candies that you can suck on help quite a bit.

KrissyKC
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:14 PM

If it's brought on by acid, you could ask your doc about safe acid reducers.   Pure grape juice is a base, which can neutralize acid.  Prob is, that many companies turn it into an acid by adding citric acid to preserve it's tartness and add vitamins.  You have to read the ingredients and expect to pay more for pure grape juice.   Or just eat lots of grapes.   Bananas are supposed to help with acid.

If the morning sickness is just due to hormones, though, I'm unsure... except that it's very important to eat, and an empty stomach can also make it worse.    Try some different teas and try to keep food down.

If you absolutely cannot eat for a while, you need to let your doc know, that's not healthy for the baby.  

KrissyKC
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:16 PM

grate the ginger into some boiling water, let it seep for a bit and then strain the ginger root out.   Add a little honey if it's been pasturized.   Be careful of raw honey during pg.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)