Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breakfast Ideas

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:30 PM
  • 10 Replies
Im not a breakfast person. I have been hungry in the am lately though. But now that dd is out fir the summer and this kid eats i need ideas for breakfast. She loves cereal but i want something different here and there. Ideas?
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashley9603
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Pancakes,eggs,french toast,smoothies...there are so many ideas.My kids love breakfast,so we do go through alot of eggs,pancake mix,breads,fruits,veggies etc.

Eliots_momma
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Quiche :)
UxorQuodMatris.
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:36 PM
I'm going to bake some banana muffins to freeze.
They like yogurt parfaits, with fruit, yogurt and granola. Waffles, eggs (so many things to add to both eggs and waffles to keep them from getting old!)
Tallmomma
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:50 PM
I like to give them a little bit of several things that I have pre-prepared each morning - think 'balanced breakfast' like in the old commercials. :)
On the weekends I make batches of French toast, omelets, little toasted cheese sandwiches etc and then freeze them to use easily w the frozen corn, waffles etc that I did not make from scratch.
Yogurt was something my kids eat so I mix w the other things on the side.
Cheerios also a good side that they like.
Then each morning I have something that they like to start with at least so there is more than just cereal or toast.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:53 PM
armywifey26
by Krissy on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:54 PM

My breakfast board:

CLICKY LINK 

lindilouwho82
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I am not a breakfast person. I hate making breakfast and my idea of a great morning is one with lots of caffeine, a couple of slices of toast, a yogurt and a hot shower.

DH loves cooking breakfast foods. He makes wonderful omelettes, home fries, potato pancakes, french toast, blueberry pancakes and once in awhile we will have bacon, fried egg and English Muffin sandwiches.

When my housekeeper stay's over, she will make breakfast burritos with chorizo, egg, homemade tortillas and avocado. OMG is it ever delicious and the smells put everyone in a good mood!

Pinterest has a plethora of wonderful breakfast ideas. Meals that can be made in advance, in a crock-pot or even in the microwave. I have used a couple of their recipes and have been pleased with the results.

QuirkyMom26
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Make a whole box of pancakes or waffles and freeze them. It's cheaper than buying the already frozen stuff and you can make more. Just separate layers by adding a sheet of wax/parchment paper in between and store them in ziploc bags.

You can also do a big casserole dish of french toast and bake it in the oven. I've heard it's fan-fucking-tastic.

twade26
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:13 PM

this

Quoting ashley9603:

Pancakes,eggs,french toast,smoothies...there are so many ideas.My kids love breakfast,so we do go through alot of eggs,pancake mix,breads,fruits,veggies etc.

LadyNCVE
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:20 PM
I like easy quick stuff during the week. Yogurt, fruit, homemade banana bread, eggs, oatmeal. Oatmeal you can make a lot of and just reheat. Also check out crock pot oatmeal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)