Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you let you child's father take your child for 2 weeks?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies

Me and my ex, well we at least are starting to compromise on things without needing court which is very nice. Anywho. My son;s last week of school is this Thursday. He is done for 2 weeks, then he will be going to summer school on Jul 8th for a special 6 week program. (Hes 4 btw). 

Any who, He wants to take our son for the 2 weeks between school. I asked him who would watch him while he works, and he said his mom. He said his mom would bring him up to camp ect. I am hoping if she does, she is planning on having an older grandson (she's got 17 grandkids all together lol). to help her with my son. I just don't wanna see him couped up inside of a camper from day to day until he gets out of work, ya know. 

The schedule we have right now, I have him Monday-Friday, and he takes him either every weekend or every other weekend which works wonderful. Not sure how I'd be without my lil man for 2 weeks straight but at the same time, I think it would be great for them to spend more time together. (him and dad ofc). 

What do you Mama's think or would do? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Grandma lives in a camper? How old is she?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:41 PM

yes if I was in that situation I would allow it. seems like he will be taken care of just fine and would be good for him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Let him go.

Mudfishzgirl
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM
If you feel comfortable and they are staying fairly close to town I would go for it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Absolutely, it sounds like he has child care set up for when he needs to be at work and it sounds like you two can get along for the sake of the child. Why not give him a chance?
BrownEyedGirl86
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Let him go see if you can get him for dinner a night or 1
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. Why is this even a question?

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:43 PM

If he's a good dad and stable I see no problem with it

If it was my ex? Hell no lol

AlohaTink
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:43 PM
No but that's because ds hasn't seen him in almost 6 years. He's virtually a stranger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I say let him take the child. He has plans in place while he works and I am sure Granny will do her best to entertain your child.

It would be a great experience for all of them. You should be thinking about what it is that you are going to do while he's gone! Plan something great for yourself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)