Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do people usually feel more connected to the kids that look like them?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
Whether its true or not, I'm sure most people keep it to themselves, but do you think there's a stronger bond when people can see themselves in their child? If the child looks nothing like them, or even worse, looks like a relative/in-law they dislike, is it normal to be somewhat disconnected from that child?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Night_Roane
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Well if this child would ever come out and stop giving me short-lived contractions I'd let you know comparison-wise. But I have mo idea what she looks like.
My older DD has much darker features than me - brown hair and eyes and tan skin - but if she turns her face just right I can see me, and she has my lips and eyebrows. I'll admit my heart skips a little when I see me in her, but I think that's partially because she doesn't have any obvious features from me, so it's exciting to see "huh, I could be her parent after all". But I get the same feeling when she turns a certain way and I can still see her baby face or she does something that reminds me of when she was a baby. And her big eyes still make me melt. Either way, the fact that she isn't my spitting image has never affected my love for her. I thought she was cutest baby I'd ever seen when she was born, and I still think she's beautiful.
WiseWitch
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:24 PM

My son looks more like me (blonde hair, bright blue eyes, pale skin) but if he looked more like his dad or a family member I would still love him exactly the same.

kaiyahsmommy
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:27 PM
My daughter looks just like my ex husband but we have this unbreakable bond. She is my best friend and we spend a lot of time together. She's 4, but it doesn't matter. In regards to others, I'm not sure. I just know how I feel about Kaiyah
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:28 PM

i dont look like my mom or dad, my sister looks like my dad and my mom always favored her, and always threw it in my face that i look like my fathers brother whom she hated!

my dd looks exactly like her dad, nothing like me, im sad because i cant have any more kids and wish i had at least one that looks like me , she doesnt act like me either, shes all her dad and i cant stand him, but i dont love her any less, i just wish she had part of me

LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:30 PM

My DD looks like a miniture of her father.  She looks nothing like me.  I love her to pieces.  I can't even describe how much I love her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)