Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 13 year old had sex UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 292 Replies
2 moms liked this

My ex called and told me that he found out my 13 year old daughter had sex with her "boyfriend". I am shocked and still in denial. It happened while she was supposed to be at her aunts house. She snuck out and went to have sex. This happened last night. I am irritated that I just found out now. They found her at this boys house. His parents were not there. She admited she had sex with him on the car ride back. Iam waiting for my ex to bring her back home (he lives about 2 hours away). I do not know exactly what to do. She will be grounded all electronics taken away, and Idk what else. I dont know what else to do in this situation. She will never go back to her aunts house over night. I am just lost. She has always been pretty good, does good in school, etc. I guess I am just lost. I thought I raised her better than this. Sorry if this makes no sense. Obviously I have went wrong somewhere if she has done this. I really do not need to be bashed I am bashing myself already. UGH

Sorry for not updating sooner. When my daughter came home we had a long talk. She told me that he did wear a condom and that she didn't know if it counted and he did not even "finish" (shudders) They were both inexperienced. We went to the doctor the next morning and he gave her a pap smear. TMI but her hymen did not tear and a condom was used that chances are very small that she will get pregnant. We have started her on depo for now and she is going to be grounded for at least a month. When we were having our heart to heart she told me that she regrets it already. I hope that this time is enough for her to realize she should wait until she is ready

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:18 PM
I hope she doesn't end up pregnant.
Francess33
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Oh no momma!! Are you going to bring her to the doc's or get her the morning after pill/birth control?

2nthensome
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:19 PM
9 moms liked this

Don't bash yourself.  There is A LOT of outside influence from kids at school, TV, etc.  Sit her down and talk to her about what happened, ask if she used protection, get her checked for STDs, and put her on lockdown.  Ask her reasoning why she did it, how well she knew this boy, how old he was, and if she understands the repercussions of sex.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Me too. She is not on birth control because when we brought it up last she said she had no interest in sex. Ialways felt we were very open and honest. I guess not =/

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope she doesn't end up pregnant.

zombieskayer
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:20 PM
3 moms liked this

at least take her in for birth control.. get her on something like depo where you at least know its being used where if you got her the pill she could forget to take it.. I hope she at least was safe.. IDK what I would do in this position.. Scary!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:21 PM

We have an appointment for tomorrow morning (they will not make it back b4 the doctors office closes). From looking online I don't think they will give the morning after pill to someone her age. She will be getting on birth control though. 

Quoting Francess33:

Oh no momma!! Are you going to bring her to the doc's or get her the morning after pill/birth control?

unusualmom
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:21 PM

13 is too young.  Other than that I got nothing.  Big Hugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I am hoping they used a condom but I dont know. I will have to talk to her when she gets home. 

Quoting zombieskayer:

at least take her in for birth control.. get her on something like depo where you at least know its being used where if you got her the pill she could forget to take it.. I hope she at least was safe.. IDK what I would do in this position.. Scary!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:22 PM
2 moms liked this
Get plan b and gyno visit asap
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:22 PM

This exactly. Don't be too hard on yourself, Mama. 

Quoting zombieskayer:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)