Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you tip for delivery? *update*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 205 Replies
My husband recently got laid off and is now delivering pizza while he looks for a new job. He's a great man and if he's later then they were told because he got lost or the person answering the order didnt check the distance and it was out of thee range he will refuse the tip. He once delivered to the fire department and refused a tip to show his respect for what they do for a living.

Anyways, more often then not he doesn't get a tip from normal everyday people. He delivers to this one women who is always like a dollar short and never tips. I would never imagine not tipping for delivery I always assumed it was what you did

*my husband pays for his own gas. And only makes $8/hr he works 12 hour days
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SJG1013
by SJG on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:30 PM
11 moms liked this
If she is a dollar short I would refuse to give her the pizza till she had the amount.
taramac
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I always tip. I work a job where tips make up a good portion of my income so I understand how important they can be.
MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Depends. 

If you come to my door with a piss poor attitude and five minutes past my delivery time, then nope you don't get a tip. 

But if it's a bad weather night, and you have a pleasant attitude, and are on time then you get a two-three dollar tip

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:31 PM
2 moms liked this

yes i do but im getting irritated with places near me tacking on a large delivery fee for the driver it says on the reciept but they still expect a large tip on top of it

Trisha234
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Always.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:31 PM
I've delivered pizzas off and on for the past 15 years. Most people tip. You are supposed to tip. That's how the drivers make their money.
meg0620
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:32 PM
I always tip
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Yes, I tip the pizza guy/girl, always.

MommyTo2Boyz

We normally give 1-3 dollars. If the order is under 19 we give 20 bucks. If it's over 19 we just add 2 dollars and the change..

jennj76569

I think a tip is in order , my husband delivers for lowes and they deliver household appliances and hook up appliances and often extra work and more than most dont tipped i think it should be a common courtesy to tip no matter what the delivery is.... IT SHOULD BE MANDATORY , i thought this before my husband even delivered because i waited tables and all i took was a plate to the table and expected a tip sooo of course delivery drivers deserve one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)