Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I park in Handicap spots

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 123 Replies
4 moms liked this

It's true, every time I go somewhere I will park in the handicap spots and I never feel guilty about it. I also ride the electric buggys in the stores whenever they are available. I am 37yrs old with long shiny blond hair and blue eyes. I have nice trendy clothes and pretty jewelry that I love to wear. Are you judging me yet? Are the wheels turning in your head for a hateful scathing remark you can make towards me?

On the outside, one would never see a disabled person but on the inside, my body has failed me miserably. I have been a hard worker all of my life, unfortunately my body has paid the price and then some. My spine is riddled with cysts, bulging disks and hairline fractures. My knees are bone on bone. Both of my feet are riddled with neuropathy and each step I take floods me with a burning fiery swarm of horriffic pain.

I use my handicap placecard each time. The moment I get out of my vehicle, the judgemental stares and snide comments begin. Who are any of us to judge another human being? Who gave us the RIGHT to judge one another? Do you pretend that you know what a person's life if like when you really haven't a clue?

Not everyone is just trying to get a free ride and not everyone is lazy. I refuse to go on disability until my body judt shuts down on me completely. Until then, I will continue to work and park in the handicap spot.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
godsavethequeen
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:47 PM
4 moms liked this
If you have the handicap place card, you won't get any judgement from me. I admit I would be curious what your disability is but that's because I'm a nosey person! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gemikris82
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:49 PM

you need it, it was given to you for a reason. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:49 PM

As long as you're following the law, no judgement here.

NorseGodessMom
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:50 PM

if there is a card I dont judge

IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:51 PM

I park in handicap spots when I drive one of my dad's vehicles and he's with me...

Of course, he IS handicapped and has the license tag. But even he won't ride an electric cart, no matter how bad he hurts. So thank you for taking those resources away from people who need them

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:53 PM

No judgment. DH goes through the same thing. He has a handicap placard and uses the electric carts as well. Every time someone has comments. We have learned to ignore them. DH is only 31 so it is automatically assumed he is scamming the system. 

A couple of years ago I had major surgery and he took the kids to the grocery store with him (the younger two were 7 and 8 at the time) and someone threatened to call CPS because he obviously shouldn't have children if he had to use an electric cart. SMDH. People are stupid. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:54 PM

This.

Quoting godsavethequeen:

If you have the handicap place card, you won't get any judgement from me. I admit I would be curious what your disability is but that's because I'm a nosey person! :-)

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:54 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I park in handicap spots when I drive one of my dad's vehicles and he's with me...

Of course, he IS handicapped and has the license tag. But even he won't ride an electric cart, no matter how bad he hurts. So thank you for taking those resources away from people who need them

How is she taking away the resources from those who need them? She DOES need them. 

godsavethequeen
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:57 PM
4 moms liked this
Did you read her entire post?

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:57 PM

The way she worded it sounds more like "I have this place card and use it because I can." Rather than, "I have it because I need it."

Why else would you say, "And I never feel guilty about it." Instead of, "because I need it."

Quoting sheramom4:

Quoting IncognitoOne:

How is she taking away the resources from those who need them? She DOES need them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN