Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom tummy...how do I get rid of this?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:59 PM
  • 5 Replies
I have lost a ridiculous amount of weight. I was in the 130s right after child birth and am now 105. I am 5'0, so thats a pretty average weight for me. Id like to keep it in this area. But I still have a pooch that won't go away.. Its driving me crazy! I want a ripped stomach so bad! Or even just a flat one will do. Ive been trying to eat 4 servings of veggies each day. I eat lots of chicken, salmon, and eggs. Ive cut out junk food, processed food, fast food, and soda. I am trying to cut back the carbs as well. I exercise several times a week. When i am not working or up all night with my baby. I do 100 of each: jack knifes, windmills, jumping jacks. Then i do about 30 minutes of cardio, then weight lifting, and end it with yoga. Ive been doing this for months with no progress.. I am breastfeeding... is this something I have to live with?? Maybe bloating?? :(
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Get used to it

markswife03
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:04 PM
I'm guessing your expectations are too high
CocoaKisses70
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Im right there with you mama. After 6 kids(5 singletons and a set of twins, all were c-sections!) I have the same thing, ive lost weight, done a ton of exercises, and consulted a nutritionist. FINALLY a doctor and a personal trainer agreed that my core used to be weak and that basically Im gonna need a tummy tuck to re-tighten some of my muscle damage from the pregnancies :(

CafeMom Tickers

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:06 PM

The only thing that gets rid of mom tummy is genetics (or plastic surgery). If your mom has mom tummy and is otherwise thin, you get mom tummy too.

itsm3
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:48 PM

is it saggy skin or fat?  

if it's skin, nothing you can do about that.  if it's fat, it's all diet, watching your calories (eating within your caloric range for weight loss) and exercising intensely at least 5x/week.  the pooch (fat) is always the last to go.  took me nearly a whole year but i'm 37 so my age has something to do with it (older = slower metabolism).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)