Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IPhone users?! Verizon service provider -Quick question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

If you have an Iphone does any one know if I take it off our phone plan can I still use it kind of like an Ipod with WIFI?  I currently have my phone through Verizon and to use the phone I have to pay a 30 dollar data package and I am really thinking of just going back to my old regular flip phone but just wondering if I could still use the phone in any capacity  Also do you know if there is a fee for switching back to an old phone? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
wymama610
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:02 PM

I would think you could use it like an iPod..... Not sure though. There isn't a charge for changing to a different phone though.

luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Yes, it will work off wifi and be almost exactly like an ipod touch.

My son currently uses my old 3G this way and when I upgrade to the 5, my next son will get my 4.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I've had ATT forever until recently. I think you can use the iphone as an ipod and switch back without fees but I would call your local verizon place or even their 800 number and ask.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:03 PM

What's an iphone? I haven't got a new phone since 2000, my siemens samsung.

mamabearjkda
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to work for verizon, there is no fee for going back to an older phone, you will lose your data package, and yes the phone can be used on wifi wihtout having a data package or service going to that phone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)