Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you are against gay marriage and you like shrimp, READ THIS!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

The Bible forbids Christians from eating any living thing from the sea that doesnt have fins or scales. Basically no shrimp, crabs, lobsters, oysters, clams, or any other type of shellfish.

The Bible says you're not to eat shellfish EIGHT TIMES, but it only says that Homosexuality is a sin TWO TIMES.

Leviticus also said no haircuts, but I guess we're ignoring that one too.

I love how people cherry-pick the parts of their religion that they follow and they still have the guts to thump Bibles in people's faces while acting all "Holier than Thou".

Here's a website that states the things that the Bible has banned, but you do anyways :  (click the little line)

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:10 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:11 PM
And I take it you are a theologian?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Im kinda new here do people always bitch and complain of other beliefs? I dont give a care who you love.
liss.n.chris
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:13 PM

yes, constantly. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Im kinda new here do people always bitch and complain of other beliefs? I dont give a care who you love.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Bible=Fairytales

I'm off to eat my shellfish, get a haircut and talk to all my gay friends, who are also going to eat shellfish and get haircuts. LOL!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:17 PM

For shits and giggles my dh started reading the Bible from the beginning but only made it about 1/2 way through. Anyway, most of the things that I've heard are banned say that if you do it you're unclean until you wake up the next day. So you eat a shrimp on Monday and you're unclean until you wake up Tuesday morning. 

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Actually the Bible tells Jews not to eat shellfish. Christians are explicitly released from dietary restrictions.

And I can think of at least two places in the New Testament where homosexuality is called a sin, in addition to the comments in the Old Testament law, so that part of the statement is simply incorrect.

I have fairly liberal views on gay marriage personally, but using false claims to bolster your argument is counterproductive.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Only Christianity. For some reason people get that every other belief/faith is a personal thing that should be left alone.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Lol I love when ppl take things out of context and act like its fact.. It only proves stupidity!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN