Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you are against gay marriage and you like shrimp, READ THIS!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

The Bible forbids Christians from eating any living thing from the sea that doesnt have fins or scales. Basically no shrimp, crabs, lobsters, oysters, clams, or any other type of shellfish.

The Bible says you're not to eat shellfish EIGHT TIMES, but it only says that Homosexuality is a sin TWO TIMES.

Leviticus also said no haircuts, but I guess we're ignoring that one too.

I love how people cherry-pick the parts of their religion that they follow and they still have the guts to thump Bibles in people's faces while acting all "Holier than Thou".

Here's a website that states the things that the Bible has banned, but you do anyways :  (click the little line)

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Replies (11-18):
liss.n.chris
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Boring fairy tales at that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Bible=Fairytales

I'm off to eat my shellfish, get a haircut and talk to all my gay friends, who are also going to eat shellfish and get haircuts. LOL!!!

Poohy1975
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:22 PM

One thing you need to remember is some of the laws from the old covenant is no longer in effect. Once Jesus died on the cross the New Covenant started. But i will say there is actually some people who do go by some of the laws that is in that article.Especially if the law is found in the new testament. For instance United Pentecostal. I was baptized at the age of 13 believing what was taught in that church. Unfortunately i back slid for 24 years, but as of March 9 i turned my life back over to Christ. I no longer wear jeans,cut or dye my hair, wear makeup/jewelry,watch TV (except news),etc........ Do i eat shrimp, yes.LOL. Do i support any type of relationship that's not a man and woman,no.But i also would never treat them any different. I have many friends who are gay. And shortly before my son died he was questioning whether he was or not.

ryansmommy07
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:24 PM
And thats whyI'm an atheist
Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Wrong, it only forbids Jews, not Christians. The old testament is mostly about Jewish law, but we believe Jesus came to release us from old Mosaic Law, so we aren't bound by that. We are however, taught in the New Testament that homosexuality is wrong. But so is divorce, sexual immorality, lust, being deceitful, and immoral business practices. So being gay is no more wrong than lying on your taxes or being divorced. Cherry picking Christians are probably going to be judged too, in the end. In fact, I believe the Bible does in fact speak on those type of Pharisee-like Christians.  The ones who stand in the temple and pray loudly, "Lord, thank you that I am not a sinner like these horrible heathens". God says he will spit them out of his mouth. So just bide your time and you can sit back and watch the haters get their judgement. I'm a devout Christian, and also a sinner. I'm also a Child of God who know I'm no more deserving of His grace and mercy than the worst murderer or pedophile

Benjamins-mama
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:29 PM

it only forbids jews   but ok   if you want to sprout of incorrect information to use in your argument   it only makes yourself look stupid

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:31 PM

OHMYGOSH SHUT UP. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO CHANGE ANYONES MIND. 

kiriis
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Leviticus says no haircuts? Where? And I love shrimp! Couldn't are less about whay gays do.

jas_momof2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I love how people think others are stupid when they make a post showing their own stupidity...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)