Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about couponing

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:08 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm a complete noob. I've been in grad school and had no time to really study how to do it, but now that I've graduated I'd like to try it out. I don't mean becoming an extreme couponer (I know I won't ever have that much dedication) but at least learn to get good deals on things I need and stuff. I kind of get how it works, but would anyone care to give advice for a newbie? Also, we are moving this August when I start my job to a new place, so when I sign up for the paper, should I just do Sundays? Is that the only time the inserts come? Or should I get the paper for the whole week? And what other ways can I do to avail of more coupons, aside from finding some online to print.. Thanks for any advice! 

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
smcnee
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:10 PM
in my area, I found the Sunday paper was enough, I also use coupons.com and other sites like that
mom_to_kenzie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:11 PM

BUMP!

armyslpbaby
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Thanks! I'm from PA, (moving to Harrisburg), if that helps! 

Quoting smcnee:

in my area, I found the Sunday paper was enough, I also use coupons.com and other sites like that

armyslpbaby
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Bump! Anyone? 

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:04 AM
1 mom liked this

usually it is only the Sunday paper that has coupons but not if there is a holiday on that following Monday, then no coupons in that paper that day.  Check your local store coupon policy 1) how many of the same coupons will they accept  2) do they stack coupons (store coupon and manufacturers coupon for the same item)  3) do they accept competitors coupons.  I started with 2 newspapers and also online printouts.  Best to go through the coupons at least once a week.  Best to try and use the coupons when that particular item is on sale.

allornone
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you tried any sites? Like thekrazycouponlady.com? Google your area for coupon bloggers. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured