Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Out of all the names you could have chosen

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
My SIL is naming her son Josh. This is the name of my daughters abuser. She has been dealing with this for years but that name still brings up bad memories. SIL knows this. We spend a lot of time with them and now dd will have to deal with this all the time. It just annoys me that she couldn't have chosen a different name.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:44 PM
9 moms liked this

This is a good opputunity to teach your duaghter that the world won't tip toe around her.

SapphireMomma
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Her baby, her choice. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Really? Good grief.

Sekirei
by Sevrsaxhtharxxa on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Just keep them apart...

2nthensome
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Maybe it's a family name for her or has some significance to her?  I don't agree or disagree with it, but have you spoken to her about this and why?  

I'm sorry that happened to your daughter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:47 PM
:( that really sucks. How insensitive of her. Is there a way you can distinguish between the two? Does the abuser go by Joshua or Josh? You could call the baby the opposite. Maybe two to turn it into a positive name.
WhySoSalty
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

If she likes the name, she shouldnt have to cater to anyone. Im sorry that happened to your daughter, but I honestly dont think I would pick a different name because it leaves a bad taste in someones mouth. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Just saying it is irritating. Yes she can name the kid whatever she wants. But she has seen how traumatized my dd was with all of this.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? Good grief.

BabyBrooke13
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:48 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm sorry about what happened to your dd, but maybe this is a way to show her the name isn't bad, the person was. This may actually help her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:48 PM
3 moms liked this

Her child.

Maybe this will help your daughter, though. Give her a good Josh to think about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)