Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am the biggest DUMBA** in the world!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
So I got a new car today. A 2000 Dodge Stratus. (Yes I know not the best car but it was the best I could find in my price range right now). My dd and I stopped at Buffalo Wild Wings for takeout because I had a gift card. It started pouring rain while we were in there. Like pouring buckets.

Dd and I ran for the car and got in. I had my key ready and THOUGHT I had the Stratus key in my hand...nope. I had my old Saturn key in my hand. The key went in very easy but wouldn't turn. Thats when I realized what I did. The key wouldn't budge. I even asked some men who were in the parking lot if they could try and get it out. They couldn't either.

So I called my dad. Who was fuming pissed. He drove the 25 min drive out to where we were and sprayed WD40 in the ignition and used a pliers and pulled super hard and it came out! It was a huge sigh of relief because I called a dodge dealership and talked to a service guy. He said if we couldn't get it out it would need to be towed and it would be about $200 to fix.

So I seriously feel like the biggest idiot on earth. I've never done something so stupid. I took the Saturn keys off when I got home so there's zero chance of it happening again!

So has anyone ever done this before? Anyone have any funny stories of doing stupid stuff on accident? Haha
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Bump!
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Not exactly like that but yeah I've done some dumb moves before LOL. Locking my keys in the car, running out of gas and going to the store without my wallet LOL.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:57 PM
I've forgot my wallet at home before. That always sucks. Lol my moms boss locked her keys in her car in my parents driveway yesterday. The town cops came out and opened her car. Lol

Quoting bleumonster:

Not exactly like that but yeah I've done some dumb moves before LOL. Locking my keys in the car, running out of gas and going to the store without my wallet LOL.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Bump!
brysonsmommy_10
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:07 PM

When we switched car insurance companies, I had to make sure that they included roadside service because my husband and I lock the keys in the car so much.  So far we have locked them in 4 or 5 times this year.  One of those times was when we stopped to get gas and lunch on the way back home to NC from GA.  We had to wait there for about 1 1/2 hours!

anyotherday
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

DH and I sat for 20 minutes in a parking lot the week after I got my minivan. Arguing, accusing, cussing at the car.... the key wouldnt turn, the wheel was locked up... 

BIL was on his way, when DH realized we had the truck key off his key ring in the ignition. Both are fords and the keys are otherwise identical. He had both sets in his pocket because he was driving and pulled the wrong ones out.

It almost caused a divorce, LMAO

HaveFaith1215
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Haha Yep. I do. 

When bought my old car, a 2007 Dodge intrepid. I drove it off the lot and to another store. I got in my *new* car, and it wouldn't turn on. It was stuck. Dead. Wouldn't turn on, but the dash lights were on. So I called my (now) ex being as he was still at the dealership with my old car. I said tell them that the car is broken. It won't turn on. 
I went back and forth trouble shooting with the dodge sales person for at least 15 minutes. Nothing worked. It simply would not turn on. 

My ex gets back on the phone, and tells me, 'Ok, they're calling a tow truck.' They got the address where I was. Then out of no where, my ex says "It's in Park right? When you're trying the key..it's in Park?"

Oh. Shit.

Nope, my stupid ass left the car in neutral and just set the e-brake. No wonder it wouldn't turn on. 

I felt like the biggest jackass on the planet. My ex said he damn near pissed himself laughing. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Omg that would suck so bad! I've never done that *knock on wood* but its happend to friends of mine.

Quoting brysonsmommy_10:

When we switched car insurance companies, I had to make sure that they included roadside service because my husband and I lock the keys in the car so much.  So far we have locked them in 4 or 5 times this year.  One of those times was when we stopped to get gas and lunch on the way back home to NC from GA.  We had to wait there for about 1 1/2 hours!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:17 PM
This one time I talked a total ass hole into marrying me even though he was having some doubts. I told him it was cold feet and we would be fine. 6 months later I was moving out and his new girlfriend was moving in.
shiningjoy
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:17 PM

I worked for a PD station and got out and left my lights on twice in one week, for some reason my light dinger stopped working, I was going in to a 12 1/2 hour shift. Nothing like calling over the radio for one of the officers to come back and jump me!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)